Notices

Unmotivated. Where To Start?

Old 12-18-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Unmotivated. Where To Start?

Wow, I haven't logged onto this site in ages & when I review my old posts I have such vivid memories of the pain & angst from 2007, 2009 & 2010. Thank you SR for remaining steadfastly available & accessible 😘

That being said, I am here because I've been sober 4 yrs, 6 months and 5 days today. It's the best decision I ever could have made for myself & I am committed.

I am, however, looking to you friends for a little encouragement. This past year has come with considerable change and with those changes I find myself struggling to create the next chapter & see it through. I haven't been to a meeting in years and believe that with all the new changes that meetings are where I need to be. I just can't seem to rally the motivation & energy to go. I know I will benefit greatly and begin expanding my sober circle (which desperately needs to happen as well) but I just can't will myself to go. I work so very hard, come home, work some more, cook, write, play with my dogs and head to bed to read & start anew the next day.

I can't seem to break the cycle and am beginning to feel isolated, especially with the holidays. I have a glorious handful of close friends and am very blessed in that regard but still feeling terribley isolated and even a little lonely., tho I'm dedicated to enjoying my new found solitude vs being "lonely."

What have you done to help motivate yourself to get to meetings? Any feedback, suggestions and encouragement appreciated

Thank you dear friends, thinking of all of you with warm heart and big hugs 🌞
Old 12-18-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

First off, congrats on your sober time. As for motivation, some things you just have to do. You don't wait for motivation. You can make time for a meeting. Go, motivation will catch up. This is your sobriety we are talking about. I don't want to read a post from you titled "I didn't get my butt to a meeting, and I relapsed."
Old 12-18-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'd chose a meeting, write it on the calendar and go. Just go to one. I think Carl is right - one meeting will motivate you to go to another.
And, post here when you're going to you'll have to report back and let everyone know that you went and how glad you are that you did.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

4 Years is fantastic!! Welcome back!!