Notices

Can I come back?

Old 12-16-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I come back?

I hope you don't mind me coming back here. I love reading this forum and I believe getting involved will help me. The kindness and understanding given here is something I feel I wont be able to find elsewhere. I am currently on day 2 (again)

Its been over a year since i wrote on this forum. I was 9 days sober and full of hope. I managed to achieve almost a month of sobriety when someone I cared about and respected died. I drank at the funeral, and the day after....and for a long while after. Fast forward to June and i suddenly didn't want to drink. Was not at rock bottom or recovering from a bender. I just didn't fancy a drink. I went with it and stopped drinking. A week later i found out i was pregnant, so clearly my body was rejecting the idea of alcohol to protect the embryo. I was very early in the pregnancy and had stopped drinking before i would have even tested positive on a test. I was so relieved, amazed and grateful. I quit smoking cigarettes and looked forward to the future and my new baby.

3 months later i suffered from a miscarriage. I was distraught. So upset and i could not be consoled by anyone. I started drinking wine again, started smoking again. I was so angry that i couldn't see that i was making a huge mistake. My Dr said i didn't do anything wrong and it wasn't my fault, but still i blamed myself. I must have destroyed by body in the past to the point that i couldn't even carry my own child to term. I didn't care that my Dr disagreed. I was sure of it. It was my fault and i was being punished. I wholeheartedly deserved everything i got because allowed drink to control me for so long prior.

That was at the the end of August. I drank, but I didn't drink everyday and definitely had breaks of a week here and there. Its only the last month that I've got pretty bad. I drankk a bottle wine and a few glasses of vodka every night. Fatter and more depressed than I've ever been in my life i decided to change (again). I got to day 2 and drank wine again. I also had some lager (yuck). I woke up the next morning and realized that i was a full blown alcoholic and that its now or never. I feel stronger now that I have admitted that. I used to say i had a 'drink problem' or i was 'on my way' to being an alcoholic but i still had time to drink more until i got that bad. Now I have accepted that I am an alcoholic and I have to make a choice for the sake of my husband and my children.

I have begun to write a diary and will post my entries on here to hold myself accountable. I have a plan and I have conviction. I know i am capable of this and I know the benefits will be infinite.

One day at a time. Step by step, I will do this.

Thanks for taking the time to read and i hope to stay here as long as possible.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back MamaHope! I'm so sorry about your loss. :-( You are in my prayers. Stick around here and maybe join the December class for extra support! I only have 31 days but I can't believe how much better I already feel & you will too! :-)
Old 12-16-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you KiKi0615. Well done for 31 days! i can only imagine you feel great and i am very much looking forward to all the wonderful things to come. Its so nice to look forward and see the sun instead of the dark. I will definitely check out the December class.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just sending you welcome and a warm hug Mama

You can do this for you, and your family
2016 can be your best year ever
Old 12-16-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Of course you can come back mama. We're glad to see you again.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome back!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, welcome back. You're among friends here. Keep an ear out and we may be able to pass on some experiences that will be helpful for you.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk
Old 12-16-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Read and post as often as you want. We all understand and somebody is always around anytime of day. You are very welcome here!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MamaHope View Post
I have begun to write a diary and will post my entries on here to hold myself accountable. I have a plan and I have conviction. I know i am capable of this and I know the benefits will be infinite.

One day at a time. Step by step, I will do this.

Thanks for taking the time to read and i hope to stay here as long as possible.
Welcome back! Sounds like you have a great plan. I post daily on the 24 hour thread to help keep me accountable. Good luck on your journey
Old 12-16-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back, MamaHope.

I am so sorry for your struggles with alcohol and for the loss of your dear baby.

We are here for you.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome back MamaHope
Old 12-16-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Glad you are back
Old 12-16-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here Mama! YES, you can do this!!
Old 12-16-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So sorry for what you've been through, but glad you came to the decision to quit. I wish you well.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back MamaHope.

I'm really sorry for your losses and struggle over the last year but I'm so glad you've made it back here

D
Old 12-16-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey welcome mamahope, so sorry u had such an awful experience, must have been devastating. It's great that ur back here, good idea about keeping a diary.
I come on here everyday & read as much as i can, i have a very long way to go (2 months this wkend) but this is the longest ive ever done.
I'm like u, once i accepted i was an alcoholic i felt utter relief & ready to make a real hard go at it. Good luck.x
Old 12-16-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Awww, that's horrible, so sorry for your loss. I miscarried twice and it sucks. You're doing the right thing by coming back here for support. And please listen to your doctor! Miscarriages happen all the time and there is usually no rhyme or reason for them. Take care of yourself.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to see you, MamaHope. Of course you are always welcome - we're here to listen and help. You can do it!