Notices

New Here - My Day 1 began yesterday 12/14/15

Old 12-16-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
Good to have you here, Chris. I used to have problems sleeping too but now I work a programme and make sobriety a priority, they go away. I also try to follow these simple rules.

1. Don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol or coffee in the evening.
2. Eat at regular times of the day
3. Set regular times to go to bed and wake up
4. Don't use electronic devices for half an hour before bedtime (including SR!)
5. Try to focus your mind on your achievements and gratitude before you go to sleep.

It takes a while to get all that together after a lot of drinking but if you can do it, it has a hugely beneficial impact. More than over the counter sleeping medicines, I should think but I'm not a doctor.
great advice. I can't sleep either. I am really trying to let my body reset itself but even before I was drinking I couldn't sleep. I have an Rx for Ambien. My doctor says hey its better than drinking yourself to passing out. I don't take it every night, just when I have gone days without sleep.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
great advice. I can't sleep either. I am really trying to let my body reset itself but even before I was drinking I couldn't sleep. I have an Rx for Ambien. My doctor says hey its better than drinking yourself to passing out. I don't take it every night, just when I have gone days without sleep.
Yeah, it's better but I think it's best to suffer for a few nights and let your body do the work instead of pumping yourself with more chemicals.