Notices

Here I am again with the wine

Old 12-15-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Too much drama mera. Go home and go to bed.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You need to get out of the bar now Mera. I think it's time for you to make the call and get some outside help that you've suggested in the past. You aren't thinking clearly and need external assistance.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am a totally normal person when I am sober, I swear to yoyu.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I just cannot let go of this. I am so desperate.
So do something about it. Drinking is not helping. Pretty simple equation.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am out of the bar, I am at home. I had 4 glasses of wine at the bar and now am drinking a bottle.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I am a totally normal person when I am sober, I swear to yoyu.
I believe you. So go home, go to bed and we'll see you in the morning.
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

I sent you another pm Mera x
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am out of the bar, I am at home. I had 4 glasses of wine at the bar and now am drinking a bottle.
Dump out the bottle and drink some water.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This is me, I am a normal, happy ,ok person, I just cannot handle myself,
Old 12-15-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mera, please listen to everyone here.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

why am I doing this?
Old 12-15-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

why am I doing this?
Because you are drunk and you are an alcoholic. Quit drinking and get some rest.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Mera, we are all here to help you, but you've got to help yourself first.

You are a strong individual and absolutely can get your life back. We all have obstacles in life, and the one thing that makes them worse is drinking. Envision what you want to get out of tomorrow and start to make it happen today.

Be strong Mera, fight this battle, and use any and all measures you have to get your life back.

Drinking will never solve any problems for us.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Mera...I hope you are sleeping it off now. You can unravel this situation. It is terrible, and the expartner is a smuck, but you can get to the other side of this. Dump the wine and step up to the plate. ...
Old 12-15-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Mera xoxo
You're ok- first things first- Do not listen to Rust in True Detective!!! He was so miserable!!! ( but awesome)

Just dust yourself off in the morning and try again xoxo
You're fine xoxo we've all been there.

Which adds to my next comment; the short, condescending tones from some of the other members aren't helping.
Are you perhaps forgetting the things you did while drinking?!?! Huh?
She had a bad day, a really bad day, the last she she needs is a bunch of self righteous comments.
Bloody hell
Old 12-15-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Your AV is upsetting me.

Try to calm down. You are taking a long dive into a bottomless bucket of ****, and there is no point to it.

Tomorrow (NOT TODAY) go out and get one of these:

Because somewhere there is something that needs to be in smaller pieces.

Be well.
The first reading of that I thought you were telling her to go out and get a crow bar and smash her ex partner to pieces
Old 12-15-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

(((Mera))), everyone has already said it all. I just want to add that I think highly of you. You need to get and stay sober for yourself first - whatever it takes!
Old 12-15-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Mera,

First, I totally understand your anger and frustration at your ex business partner. He is a piece of ****. I don't know if I believe in karma, but you can only hope that at some point he'll get what he deserves as a result of this.

Second, please stop drinking now, if you haven't already. It's hard to stop once you started, I know I always found it hard, but you'll have to stop at some point, so why not do that now.

Third, you haven't thrown anything away. You were sober a long time. You did brilliantly. And what you're doing today does not change that one tiny bit. All those days you were sober are days you weren't damaging yourself or damaging others. They were days your body and mind and relationships with others were healing. You should be proud of your sober time, and do not, I repeat, do NOT let your AV tell you that the fact you are drinking today means that was all a waste and a sign that you are a failure.

What you've learned today is that you haven't got a plan for every trigger, because you let someone else's actions trigger your drinking. So what you'll need to do is find a way to cope with the completely justified anger you feel in a different way next time. You'll need to look at your plan again, and make the necessary changes.

The worst thing that could happen is to decide that one day of drinking means all that sober time has gone down the drain, and to use that to justify carrying on drinking. It hasn't. All that time sober is still there. It's still proof that you can do this. Your sobriety plan wasn't perfect yet. Fine. Just keep working on it until it is.

It's very painful to see you being so hard on yourself when you've done so fantastically well for so long. You wouldn't treat anyone else the way you're treating yourself right now. Can you imagine saying those things to me, or anyone else on SR who had slipped in their sober journey? Of course you can't, because you're a good person. So please, stop treating yourself worse than you'd treat the complete strangers who you've been offering so much help and support to on here. You deserve that kindness from yourself too.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I hear you Fly N Buy, but WHY di I do this to hurt him knowing FULL WELL it would never hurt him. Thanks to the lawyers we have no contact so he has no idea of the hurt he caused me (financially yes, but drinking, no) He will never know (unless he is stalking me, which is a possibility) that I reacted this way. He is just doing his bit to not pay THE MOTHER ******* PICE OF **** BASTARD, THIEVING ****** that he is. This is ME. I did this. I hurt myself. I ruined the good thing I had going. Sober life has been amazing. I have been handed some difficult situations and issues that I have dealt with yet her the **** I am. Here I am again. I cannot blame him or feel that I am punishing him. I did this for me and to me, How ******* sad.
A few years back, I called my employer while highly intoxicated and read them the riot act. I used about every word you did above - It's funny, but I didn't even have to slow down reading the asterisks, filled them in perfectly.

I no longer work for them. The year after I did this, my income was 1/3/ of the previous year. I still haven't recouped it and likely never will. ******* painful to say the least.

I had two choices. I could melt down and become irrelevant to myself and all (the few) who care about me or deal with it. That was almost 5 years ago - I have 18 months sober, you can do the math.

I sat in the **** for a very, very long time. For some reason one night after a bender there was a moment of clarity. This **** I created was indeed real and I could change or stay stuck.

A friend said once - if somebody drops us in the middle of the road and years later we are still sitting there who's at fault?!

We all have to make that choice. I know your pain is very fresh, but there is hope. We only lose hope when we choose to give up. You can choose to not sit in it.

I've never known you to give up and wouldn't expect you to do so now.

We'll leave the light on for ya.......
Old 12-15-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

I really hope you call the number I sent you Mera they are in Italy & your best chance at long term sobriety