Notices

No clutter Wee-kender December 11th Part 2

Old 12-15-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
saoutchik

MidnightBlue - if you have no energy perhaps what Ruby said about Anaemia might be worth checking - it may be all you need are some Iron tablets
Old 12-15-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Came home in foul mood this evening, someone irritated me at work but I seem wound up way out of proportion to it (something that used to happen a lot when I was drinking). I think I will go for a walk, try and stimulate those endorphins
Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better about it soon, Sao.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

hey folks, just had a visit from my friend from out west, has a conference in Philly and stopped by for a couple hour chat. Now he's hoping to beat the traffic. KOP, the big shopping area, around xmas time is nuts and going into Philly is always a charm... The "expressway" going into Philly is the worst road in America. Imagine only a two lane road going into a big city... you have to really want to go to Philly to go there. A couple times a year is plenty for me.

not much going on here. Missus left for work, guess I'll finish watch 'chasing tyson' on netflix - about Evander Hollyfield. And sort through paperwork...
Used what was left of borstcht and threw a head of cabbage and some snausage in it. There is no wrong way to cook cabbage.

Have a good evening.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
I really like your window trim MesaMan. It looks like Craftsman style.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Tetra, I'm sorry you weren't called back. That's disappointing.

Sao, I hope you feel better. I'm familiar with blowing things out of proportion and getting angry. Walks help. Anything you find funny as a go to for a laugh?

Brain, you're right. There really is no wrong way to cook cabbage.

I'm sitting in my office, at my desk and trying NOT to watch the clock. I'm so tired today. But...I'm off for the next five days after today.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
But...I'm off for the next five days after today.
Sounds good, Ruby

I need a cup of chai or something. Feeling low energy. Pretty exhausted from earlier today. Running isn't going to happen today. Will resume normal schedule tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just realised your from Philly L - cool

Get those endorphins pumped Sao

Night guys
Old 12-15-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sao, hope this cheers you up. I did watch "the argument clinic" but crunchy frog won out.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Oh I was hoping to go to Philly next year.

I'm a bit depressed tonight.
My mother got a letter from the solicitor regarding the will. She went to ask her brother something.

Her 3 sisters (who live in my Grandmothers house and to whom we no longer speak after they threw us out of the house about 2 months ago and told us never to darken the door again) had a card game last week and invited us. My dad thanked them kindly on the phone but told them we were busy. Which is true. My other uncle and my other aunt also didn't go. Apparently the three hags are now going around saying that my parents forced them not to go.

My parents were surprised. What sad little lives they must lead to come up with this. I'm delighted for them that they have so little to worry themselves with. My dad is busy correcting exam scripts and we are trying to get the house ready for Christmas.

I don't know. This doesn't sit well with me and I have been having occasional nightmares since the big scene two months ago. I just feel really bad for my mum and dad. My dad in particular was so good to his looney sisters-in-law all these years and this is the thanks he gets.

I'm not going to bother with them at all anymore.

So much for happy families.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Brisk walk round the manor, i do feel a bit better but still not great though. Sometimes I have days when I am just waiting to take offence or be disappointed and today was one of them

Maybe i'll buy some vitamin D as I go to work in the dark, come home in the dark and spend most of what little daytime we have in the office. It can hardly do me any harm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151215_215006.jpg (45.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks, I am sure I will feel better tomorrow

Old 12-15-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
There is no wrong way to cook cabbage.
You have never met my mother!
Old 12-15-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Oscar was always my favorite Sesame Street character. Sao, have you been feeling this way more often lately? Or is it sporadic? You're coming up on a full year soon. I remember having some jitters around that time. Just so long as you take care of yourself. Preemptive strikes against any creeping AV.

Alright. I'm leaving the office now. Picking up kids, dropping them off at home with Mr. Ruby and his mother and then I am OUTTA there. I have to buy a birthday gift for a friend who I am taking to breakfast tomorrow, black pants for little Miss Ruby to wear in her glee club performance tomorrow evening, and toilet paper and milk. Mr. Ruby wearing the hair shirt because, yet again, he went out last night. Called and woke me at 4:30 a.m. asking me to pick him up. That's not early for Weasel, but for me?

Drinking is so not worth it. See you all later.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sao, get yourself a happy light. A full-spectrum light you can sit by for a half hour a day. I have one and it helps in the winter. Mine is quite huge, but there are small ones that you can put on your desk even.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks once again Ruby, it is sporadic and a lot less frequent than when I was drinking.

What you say about being woken up at 4:30 am makes me realise I am being a complete wooss.

At least I seem to have learned enough self knowledge to realise I am being a jerk. Also I managed to channel some of my billiousness toward the maintenance company (said I would personally dismantle the scaffolding outside my flat if they didn't finish by Thursday). I felt like Donald Trump looking round for a scapegoat - anyone will do
Old 12-15-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Miss Ruby... thats early for that sort of thing. A simple no is in order.

Well... busy day. Ready for the latest Homeland. Bed. Then up at 4:30.

Joy comes in many forms. Many colors. Expect it not to look like you think it will.

k
Old 12-15-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Chinese for dinner, then I'm reading Camus, and bedtime at 9. Hitting the coffee at 5 tomorrow morning.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Evening all,

I hope everyone is well. Just had a quick catch up with posts. I think its normal to have all kinds of feelings exaggerated at this time of year. Socially sanctioned and enforced fun being one of many factors. Lets all take care of ourselves as best we can.

Returned to work today. Yuck. Hell is other people. Well, some people... Most people I work with are lovely. The small minority of bullying selfish narcissistic control freaks make life hell for the rest of us.

On a lighter note, I just read an article about a chap in Limerick, Maine who got into a spot of bother regarding controversial Christmas decorations!!

Take care all,

B
Old 12-15-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just got back from a Christmas night out.
Av was at the same party as me but I partied without following his instructions. .... orange juice for me and a big glass of nothing for Av!
Best get myself to sleep now. Xx