Notices

No clutter Wee-kender December 11th Part 2

Old 12-15-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

I feel a bit like that too Midnight x
Old 12-15-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

MB, have you ever been tested for anemia? I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel.

I have trouble in the morning with energy and mood but mine usually eases as the day goes on.

I keep looking for the silver lining. Maybe I'll get there. Maybe I won't. But I always have hope.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Here's to cheer us up a little bit, my friend

Old 12-15-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
MB, have you ever been tested for anemia? I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel.

Hm, Ruby, it's interesting you mentioned it.

This April, when I managed to get chicken pox, my bloodwork showed low level of hemoglobin. It somewhat improved later, but still was a little bit below.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The Xmas Tree just now with lifting Fog & a few Inches of Snow outside. No Golden Retriever Tree Ornament on top just yet. I'm slackin'. Sushi is pending for a late Breakfast. Because we can.

We enjoyed the Adele Concert last night on the Tube. She's one of us; having fallen off a Stage Stool, and forgotten Lyrics while Hammered. OK, well, except for the part where Celebrity Net Worth estimates her Net Worth at ~$75 Mil. At age 27.

'These days, Adele is trying to live a much healthier lifestyle that focuses on the positive instead of dwelling on the troubles of her past.'

- Adele's Biography & Her Drinking Problem ~ Diffuser.fm -

- 'Set Fire To The Rain' ~ Adele - Live - Royal Albert Hall -

Old 12-15-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Beautiful tree, Mesa.

I am looking forward to the times when I will also say "Because I can". Love it .
Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Midnight
Old 12-15-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi all!

It's foggy/rainy again. Not warm. I guess warm for December.

I'm going to get a tree this year for the little one. Hopefully tmro. I get stressed when the three of us are together. I usually have the child while bf is working and he has him when I work. The three of us together, not so relaxing.

It's easier to be in this relationship when we don't try to ever do anything together. Cohabitation until I've had enough and I move out. I do love the little one, though. So I stay.

I think I will volunteer to serve Christmas dinner at a men's drug/alcohol rehabilitation center this Friday. It's one of the Salvation Army places. I did it a few years ago and made friends with the chef volunteers, they are all BBQ competition folk- very serious about what they do, travel the country for BBQ contests, Memphis in May, etc. They pretty much adopted me that day after they saw me break down 15 rib roasts faster than them lololol.

I was in active addiction the year I did that, I remember I had been going to meetings and trying (not hard) to quit. I remember I got choked up when we served dinner and I looked out at the 200 men we served.

These same guys volunteer every year to serve this prime rib dinner, they get the food donated from some excellent quality sources. Yes, that's what I'll do this Friday. I'll go early, cook some collard greens, yams and prime rib.

And I'll look those guys in recovery right in the eyes.... I already know I'll be smiling with tears! and tell them, 'hey, we can do this gentlemen, we can totally do this!'
Old 12-15-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yay, Melina! That sounds like a great idea. Good luck on tree shopping. That'll be fun. I hear you on the not getting along so well while together.

I'm getting our tree this week. Maybe Thursday. After today, I'm off until next Monday. I'll be tripping over Mr. Ruby as he's off for a couple of days too. I don't know. He started a political conversation last night. Totally don't agree with him.

Lunch time.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Remember this is a tough time of year. I am alone and I figure it's what I deserve due to the screw ups of my past....raw emotions around the holidays. We need to be gentle with ourselves. I used to get smashed all throughout the holidays so I didn't have to deal with any emotions. Now I'm feeling my feelings, and it's not easy. I'm grateful that you are all here. This is one place I feel that I can be honest.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So I wasn't shortlisted for a second interview.
Yes, I'm disappointed. I want to work. You read in the newspapers etc. about people who are on social welfare "being lazy". But I want a job.
She gave me the usual spiel about "other candidates who were better qualified for the position".
I hate that.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

MidnightBlue - I do believe swimwear like that on a man are called Budgie Smugglers in Australia

A drunk man on London Underground tonight - much random shouting
Old 12-15-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Happyandfree - It is not necessarily that you deserve to be alone. Try to look at this the other way - sometimes it's exactly what is needed to regain yourself, meet raw emotions in full vulnerability and clarity, and then emerge with new strength and vision.

Melina - Friday plans sound great)
Old 12-15-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sorry, Tetra. I know how you feel. I'm struggling in my job search, too.

HAF, I think you expressed what I've been feeling, without realizing it. I wasn't thinking about it being the holiday season (or trying not to) but I'm sure that's part of why I feel so blue. Alone and watching other people with their happy families doing fun stuff together - it's tough. I have my kids and granddaughter, but it's different from having an intact family, with a partner. BUT I don't think we should feel like we "deserve" to be alone. I have to stop myself when I start to think that way. Not good for the self esteem. Easy to say, harder to do.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Sorry about the interview Tetra.

I was out of job for a long time and sometimes it felt like punch in the gut. But do not give up!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Ok, guys, going to bed. My energometer shows total zero.

Have a good day/evening.

See you.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

HAF, I don't think it's what you "deserve" either. We all deserve to be happy. It just takes some time to figure out what we want and how to get there.

Tetra, keep the faith. You will find what you want eventually. How about the teaching? Are you going to look further into that possibility?
Old 12-15-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm home for lunch and finished with the plants for today. Tough job today. Emptied six racks in four hours. I was hustling.

I'm debating on whether to run today or to give myself a break.

Mr. Potamus is home and making homemade french fries. They are amazing. He cooked them in beef fat. He's finally perfected them.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry about your interview Tetra but i'm sure it won't be long before you are hired.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
saoutchik

HaF -this time of the year is always a bit harder on us singletons. Last year I drank through most of December and if anything I felt lonelier than ever. Self recriminations are pointless unless we learn from them (easier said than done, I know). It's not the worst thing ever I guess