SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Ipanema (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380832-ipanema.html)

SnoozyQ 12-12-2015 06:47 PM

Ipanema

Hi there has anyone heard from my dear friend Ipanema . I've sent her a card a while ago and no response . It's not like her & she hasn't logged in for a while. I'm a bit worried. Does anyone know ? Thanks in advance xx

Dee74 12-12-2015 06:58 PM

It's one of the hardest parts of SR Snooz - people drop away - for all kinds of reasons.

No news to share, but I hope Ipanema is doing ok..She was posting up until 7 weeks ago or so :)

D

bigsombrero 12-12-2015 07:24 PM

Maybe send her a Private Message, Snoozy? Sometimes users are notified to their personal e-mail addresses when someone sends them a PM. Good luck.

MythOfSisyphus 12-12-2015 09:59 PM

I'm not sure. I hope she's well, and I hope you are too, Snoozy.:grouphug:

SnoozyQ 12-12-2015 10:36 PM

Thanks guys :kiss:

She was having an MRI & was really concerned, she was going to message me after ...I couldn't bear not to hear from her again. I pray she is safe xx

SnoozyQ 12-12-2015 10:37 PM

Dee , you would see this more than most of us , I've lost 2 dear friends here & we are like family , I can only imagine how it affects you ....the not knowing :/

Dee74 12-12-2015 11:28 PM

I have to compartmentalise a little - so many people and so many stories - thinking about what ifs would drive you barmy.

I try to keep a healthy optimism. I have to believe that most people use SR and then go back to their lives Snoozy :)

D

MythOfSisyphus 12-12-2015 11:45 PM

Like Dee says, you have to just kind of free your mind a bit. People come and go for many reasons. There are several members I hope to see post here again but it's the nature of life that our journeys don't always follow the same path. I try to appreciate the time I spend walking a little section of the path with whoever is sharing the trail with me. When we part I wish them well and hope to meet them again but every has her or his own journey to make.:grouphug:

Venecia 12-13-2015 08:20 AM

"Barmy" must be Oz-speak for "batty"! :)

Wendy, you've got a big heart. It's natural for us to be concerned, as MOS notes above. I've also wondered about some who aren't here anymore. Last week, though, I had a good reminder that life goes on in a healthy way for some fellow journeyers when a classmate we'd not seen in months posted a holiday greeting to let us know she's well, sober, enjoying her career and -- importantly -- being a fully present mom to two little ones who keep her plenty busy.

For some, SR fulfills its potential in that way. It allows them to move forward living life to its fullest.

Anna 12-13-2015 08:44 AM

CarolD always used to say that people come and people go, and we bless them all on their way, and believe the best is happening for them.

PurpleKnight 12-13-2015 12:00 PM

I hope Ipanema is doing well!! :grouphug:

SnoozyQ 06-09-2019 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 5687576)
CarolD always used to say that people come and people go, and we bless them all on their way, and believe the best is happening for them.

I love this Anna. Im going to adopt these thoughts xx

Bless you dear CarolID.

:tyou