Notices

weight loss stories?

Old 01-17-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

7000 hardly counts -- just kidding -- it is scary though.

I think its best to focus on the no-drinking thing for a good chunk of time and then tackle the rest. And don't get pissed off if it stabiles before you are back at your ideal weight -- it happens to most of us.

Happy to hear you are dong o well.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoeCree View Post
I'm on week 3. Have not changed my eating or exercise, and have already lost 6 lbs for an average of 2 lbs/week!

Unexpected good news

On the flipside, that means i was consuming ~7000 calories/week of alcoholic beverages at the end there.. SMH, *cringeworthy.
Update from first post: im 120 days in now (~17weeks) and the weight has still been slowly coming off. I'm now 175lbs (from 205lbs).

Avg weekly weight loss has dropped to 1.75lbs/week. Im in shock that it is still coming off.. obvioudly not all alcohol calories but the extra junk food calories are gone too.

Now im just curious to see where my true ideal weight falls at. Im 6'0" so i dont really want to go below 170lbs, and now a lot of my clothing doesnt fit.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoeCree View Post
I'm on week 3. Have not changed my eating or exercise, and have already lost 6 lbs for an average of 2 lbs/week!

Unexpected good news

On the flipside, that means i was consuming ~7000 calories/week of alcoholic beverages at the end there.. SMH, *cringeworthy.
Can confirm. The weight came off automatically/immediately as soon as i cut beer, and only continued to drop about a year later when i gave up soda pop. I didn't even exercise for the longest time (was too sleepy from insomnia).... so that means weight loss is mostly dietary habits.

Beer = bad bad news for your health. I guess it's called "liquid bread" for a reason.

I used to be a size 40 pants, but now i'm down to like a size 34-35 or so. I wear size 36 for extra room, but notice the pants kind of slide off unless i wear a belt.

I seem to have hit a plateau at 180 lbs or so, but i can't complain, 180ish pounds seems "just right" for me
Old 03-18-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Joe