SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Benzo's (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380794-benzos.html)

Thecleaner 12-12-2015 02:40 AM

Benzo's

Been taken cpins for 17yrs for seizures, and also was a alcoholic, and additional opiate addiction, I have stop everything but my cpins, because of the seizures. I would love to be totally clean but, My Dr's said after that long I could die from withdrawal and if I went to a detox I would have to be there for a month at least. So I lost my insurance and only free detox will only hold me for 7days. So until I get my insurance back I am stuck, I am over being contrived to a medication. So I look for the lord as a way to cut back my self, but very hard. Thanks the welcome.
:a043:

Dee74 12-12-2015 03:33 AM

Hi and welcome TheCleaner :)

I don't know anything about Klonopin (I assume thats what you mean by cpins?)

If it's prescribed for you to stop seizures, what are you going to do after you come off them?

D

PurpleKnight 12-12-2015 04:14 AM

Welcome to the ForumThecleaner!! :wave:

Mountainmanbob 12-12-2015 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Thecleaner (Post 5685742)

So I look for the lord as a way to cut back my self, but very hard. Thanks the welcome.
:a043:

I know that you can do it
for I know of many who have
be gentle on yourself

I used to eat pills like candy
weaned off in treatment center once
weaned off on my own several times

feels good not to be a slave to the pill bottle (bottles) many bottles

good luck
Mountainman

Soberwolf 12-12-2015 04:19 AM

Welcome TheCleaner nice to meet you

FormerWineGirl 12-12-2015 06:44 AM

Do you have a plan with your Dr to control the seizures if and when you are able to detox from Klonopin? I assume you are looking at a replacement drug? I don't know anything about seizure disorders, but I would assume they could be dangerous? Just concerned and hoping you have a plan in place.

BWS714 12-19-2015 06:19 AM

Benzos

I have taken all those and my understanding and experience is that there is no seizure risk if you are able to (on your own) taper down very slowly (the last .25 mg/day is the hardest). You should check this with a doctor. I think if you are able mentally you can shave down the benzos very slowly on your own. I did it. The last .25mg/day is the hardest part.

I went to rehab and they got me off benzos and alcohol and ambien very quickly (10 days), giving me small amounts of some wierd semi non-narcotic sleeping pill that acted like benedryl (sic) and suboxin (which is for opiates, but can become an opiate addiction) for one week. If you went to a 1 wk rehab or an experienced doctor, you might get what they gave me and benefit from it.

BWS714 (Babe Ruth's home runs, not Quaaludes).

Soberwolf 12-19-2015 06:42 AM

Welcome BW

Saskia 12-19-2015 07:33 AM

Welcome! Seizures are nothing to mess with. Please work this out with your doctor.

I had been on klonopin for 20 years. It took me a year to taper down to .25 mg. For the final 6 months, I found out that there is a tablet which is only .125 mg (dissolvable). My doc didn't even know about it and called the pharmacy. They had to order it and it's more expensive than the larger doses. However, it's not practical to cut the next lower dose in pieces accurately.

BLueWeepingRose 12-19-2015 11:37 AM

I know what you're going through right now. I'm going through withdrawal right now. I hope you're okay. :ws_flower