Notices

Fear no more Weekender Dec 4 Pt 3

Old 12-09-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Does this video come through?

Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Yes! Nice ! You could have been singing, though.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Yes, Trachy :-). Beautiful lights!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's a walk around my folks house that my sister vided. My sister and I built most of the decorations over a decade. The multi-color light forest is new this year. People are stopping to ask where to buy them. Ton o' fun!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yay, pretty lights! Thanks for sharing, Trach.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

A lil Yin & Yang kinda Day while Solo w/Da Pooch.

We headed out to this amazo Canyon some Explorers traversed a good 150 Years ago. Hiked a 4WD Trail. Lotsa kewl Rocks in dry Creekbeds to look at. Animal bits for Da Pooch to sample. And then puke back up before I could stop him.

I did have to continuously scan for Mountain Lions, which I didn't see. I did see a solitary Bunny zip along as if it had a Retro Rocket up it's Rear, so that told me Predators were cohabitating.

After all were had by a good time, I blew by an Access Road on the edge of Town I'd sussed out on Google Earth as a good lookin' Fishing Spot. I back up, and hug the Guard Rail to stay out of Traffic. I make my right turn. I run smack into the low-slung Guard Rail end with this sickening sound. Bashed the Truck good behind the right front Wheel, and about 1' on the Passenger Door. No Interior damage, or leaks possible. Bent down the nice Chrome Running Board.

For about a Year, I been doin' the LBrain thang. Watch something go down. Detach. Process. After a screw-up, move along. Nothing here to see. And, so it was today. A moment of P.O_ed_ness, and then a Big Shrug. That's Mister Dum_as to you...

There's various lil Divots and marks on my clean & shiny Truck. So, I spun my Detached Thinking today around into seeing this as an opportunity. I'll get all the Body 'stuff' fixed; thanks to the motivation of the damage today. It'll probably cost about as much as my first incoming Social Security Check. I wasn't Hammered. No other Vehicle was involved. The Front End wasn't damaged. I'll have the Body Shop spray on some Clear Coat to keep the Paint nice; something I'd been meaning to do. Plenty of Gratitude to go around.

Da Pooch wasn't munched by a Mountain Lion. Da Wife was happy with her Beauty Bender today, and looks radiant. New Eyebrow Arch, even. We had some high-end Salmon for Dinner from the Fish Monger. Yah, she hit the Pipe a while ago, and put a Pot Patch bought today on her sore Shoulder. But, we're Alcohol-free tonight; unaffected by the noise of Life.

What a change from prior times...

Old 12-09-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

^^^ Amazing photo!

Thanks, Trach. I loved that :-) Your multi-colour light forest is exquisite!!!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hit the play button, shabby! It's a video.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post

I did have to continuously scan for Mountain Lions, which I didn't see. I did see a solitary Bunny zip along as if it had a Retro Rocket up it's Rear, so that told me Predators were cohabitating.
Hey, Mesa, have you seen mountain lions? That would be so cool, IMO. They're so beautiful.

Several years ago, my hometown was the hotbed of big cat talk as a farmer (guy my mother went to h.s. with) caught one on his night camera.

This cat was quite a legend. He probably broke away from the Black Hills in S.D. and kept moving east. In fact, he set a record, making it all the way from the Wisconsin sightings to Connecticut before being hit by a car. So sad.

Wisconsin's "St. Croix Cougar" killed in Connecticut News Release - Wisconsin DNR
Old 12-09-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Kewl Story!

Da Wife saw one. Right outside our Kitchen Window. It just strolled right by; likely from 1 of 2 Canyons here on the Ranchette. A Spring pops out, and feeds Cattails, as well as a lush micro-Environment. I've seen Deer Skeletons down there. Easy pickins' at that Killing Field.

She came screaming out the Front Door last Summer: 'Get xxxxx in the House!'. Me? Yah, sure, whatever... It was all about the Dog. I think this Big Cat was around 125 lbs, based on her description.

A really bright Flashlight [to light their Retinas], and my .357 safely in Hand are now standard Tools for Da Pooch's last Pee Outing every Night. Better safe than sloppy, although I'm a firm Believer/Practitioner in leaving most Wildlife alone.

Earlier today...

Old 12-09-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

MesaDog has such a nice face. I'm sure he thinks that the big cat would want to be his friend.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Beautiful lights trach. Your parents must love them.
mesaman. ..I would have a gun in my hand taking my dogs out at night too if I had mountain lions in the neighborhood. But it sounds like your ranchette is in a beautiful location.
I'm happy with my new plan to not dread Monday morning anymore. See...it's Wednesday already. The weeks just fly by so fast. I am having a good week so far. Just the usual work aggravation, but nothing terrible. Ihave tomorrow morning off so it'll be nice to putter around the house after a hike with the doggies.
I'm going to go back and read some earlier pages now and see what missed.
See you all later.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Tetra. ..I agree with soberpotamus. ...how much coffee you drink is your business. You can tell your mom that nicely, and with love.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Nice, and if you want to sound confident and emphatic about it as well you could drink 10 coffees in a row and then tell her :-)

Awww....that schnooky bubba dog with the sad eyes and the grey face ;-)
Old 12-09-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Your dog has such a sweet face, Mesa!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning,

See you all on the new thread
Old 12-10-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Sao
Old 12-10-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I am hoping to go next year. Maybe in February. My brother works from home. His wife doesn't so I want to plan it around their timetable and not impose too much. They used to live in Ann Arbor but now they have moved to a place called Ambler Philadelphia. They said it's a pity I never went to Ann Arbor as it is a nicer place. But my brother said he could take a couple of days off and we will do some things.

The weather is so bad. Constant rain. I would prefer the big freeze of 2010 to this.

I spent some time doing up my CV and now I have a beautiful CV

I went out for coffee with my dad and sister. My mom warned me not to eat too much cake before my lunch. I have to say that my mom is an excellent cook. So we came back and she gave me a fright. She said "let me smell your breath..." I was like Oh God. Then she continued "so I can tell how much coffee you have had"...

I know she means well and too much coffee is bad but it dredged up a lot of bad memories.
Family can always drudge up bad memories! My mom does the same thing to me and I've learned to laugh it. It's her way of saying "I'm still your mom, I care and love you.......and I'm 45. No, they don't change.

Nevertheless, I think your parents sound like caring cute parents.....Outside looking (reading) in perspective.....
Old 12-10-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning Neverthought! Weasel starts a new Weekender every Thursday morning and the old one doesn't get locked.

New thread is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...mber-11th.html