Notices

Fear no more Weekender Dec 4 Pt 3

Old 12-09-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Big AV today this evening - so I had lots of thick white bread, real butter, pate, champagne ham, salt and vinegar crisps. Followed by buckets of brown tea.

Not great for you food .. But totally 'hit the spot' food and doesn't turn me into a bloody mess.

Funny how when the craving passes, it's hard to remember the intensity or the sheer grip of it?
The memory and need of it doesn't quite make sense or seem real?

It's total madness really.

I'm gonna buy one of those cool blue and white enamel cups you see on building sites. I'll have my tea in that and stir it with a paintbrush handle next time.

May as well have a bit of theatre.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cool...I love that blue and white enamel crockery. Kind of comforting :-)
Old 12-09-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I've been keeping up, have read everything. I now can't remember much of it to comment on specifically, except - big WAY TO GO for both Ken and Melina!
Old 12-09-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I like bread.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

I like bread too
Old 12-09-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I like bread three.

Hey ho everyone!

Yesterday was a success. Happy for that. But now the community grew a lot and there is a lot more to do. Fun fun.

Race day is Sunday not Saturday. So I will get another un in beforehand.

Hope all is well.

Part tree huh? Awesome!

Talk later and see you for a new one tomorrow morning! Fear no more!

Ken
Old 12-09-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Ken!

Happy Hump Day to all. The day is chock-full of meetings for me, some I look forward to so we can move some good projects forward, some that must just be endured (my monthly with She Who Must Be Obeyed).

Have the U.S. news show, Morning Joe, on. Just showed a quote from London's mayor, The Other Boris, in re: some appalling stuff on our side of the pond. Good for The Other Boris.

Take care, everyone. Have a peaceful, sober day.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bread humbles us all

I shall say I like bread four - I wouldn't if I was Chinese because four is similar to 13 in the west, so no room 4 or 4th floor in Chinese Hotels apparently.

Rambling because I have just been told the Boss is going to Mexico for 3 weeks holiday in the new year leaving me in charge. A lesser man than me would have lost control of the vegetable frittata i'm eating for lunch

I'm not cut out to be in boss of anything, too stressful
Old 12-09-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

And big congrats, too, to our Melina! Way to go, friend. Yes, you've accomplished so much -- with much more to follow, I know!

Sao, you'll do just fine. We will remind you of that. Keep the frittata in its place!
Old 12-09-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning miscreants!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

There was a story about a fancy dinner at an English estate. The guests were all seated and a footman walked out from the kitchen with a roasted goose on a beautiful platter. He lost his hold on the platter and dropped the goose onto the floor. The guests gasped. The head waiter, who watched this happen, said calmly, "bring out the other goose!" The waiter picked the goose up from the floor and put it back onto the platter and returned to the kitchen. Inside the kitchen, the cooks put the same goose on a clean platter and rearranged the ornamental fixings around the goose. The waiter took the dropped goose back to the dining room and the guests never knew that there was no second goose.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congratulations on shotgun, ruby!!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Nice Shotgun Ruby2. You are now the protector!

I've always sucked at calling it though, referring to riding shotgun. Someone would yell "shotgun" and I'd be thinking something like "now where the hell did I put my wallet?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hang in there MB, you'll sleep well tonight, I bet

Bread. Well, I'm not a bread person really, but Mr. Potamus brought home a loaf of the best bread I've tried in ages. It was a multigrain bread. It seemed to be a French bread with all sorts of seeds and things on the outside and on the inside. The textures were amazing. I'd eat that bread again. We had a spinach and sour cream dip for it. And then we ate the last of it with the Moroccan meatballs, to get up all the juice in the pan
Old 12-09-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning all. Arrived at work and am doing my usual checking before actually going inside. Gorgeous morning. Bright and warmish. Radio people just did weather and started playing Beatles "Here Comes The Sun."

Not a huge bread fan so probably why I don't eat many sandwiches. Good bread though, is good, with a bit of cheese. In moderation.

Sao, hang onto the fritatta. You'll do just fine. You can do it which is a big vote of confidence in how car you've come. And you can be grateful that you can relinquish the reins once boss is back from Mexico.

Now we're on to Flaming Lips Do You Realize. Love the variety.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Three huge textbooks have arrived and are on my desk. Eeks. These are somewhat intimidating. They're style, grammar, and punctuation manuals (and I already had a few of these types on my desk). They're for the proofreading course (and career) I'm working through for next few months. Still waiting on two more books, hope they're smaller. Lol. The way I see it -- this is the perfect thing for me to spend time doing because it's only going to help my own writing in the end. Win/win situation.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Welcome, uniqueusername!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Rambling because I have just been told the Boss is going to Mexico for 3 weeks holiday in the new year leaving me in charge. A lesser man than me would have lost control of the vegetable frittata i'm eating for lunch

I'm not cut out to be in boss of anything, too stressful
Congrats, Sao. The boss deems you the one next in line to keep order

Maybe your yelling a few weeks back impressed him/her? I remember you talking about having to get on to some people at work. Great job.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

And I wanted to say congrats to Melina once again, on the new job
Old 12-09-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Way to nail it, Ruby! Our very own 'Shogun Of Shotgun'!

An active Week here on the Ranchette. The Dude forming up a permanent Concrete Ramp to the elevated Garage Door finished much of that first phase yesterday. Looks promising to do the pour before light Snow this Friday. The Driveway be done; a bazillion Dump Trucks full of 'stuff' later. I've shoveled some of this Material around to level-out spots, and will do more this Morning. The Fellow hauling Material wants to buy my under-utilized Four Wheeler w/Snowplow Blade, so that's a nice side effect of the Driveway Project. We just don't need it, given the modest Snows 'round here.

Da Wife heads out in a bit to a new Skin Laserin' 'Photo Rejuvenation' Gal in another Town, and then runs a buncha Errands. So, we go our separate ways today; always a good thing, She thinks she found a Hairdresser ~1 Hour away she can trust, so she booked that Holiday Hair Appt. yesterday. Today, she'll stop by the Fish Monger, and nab some high quality Fishies. This sort of Activity generally leads to a pleasant, Sober Evening 'round here. I'll take it.

My Day? Do a lil Work. Have a lil fun. Don't Drink. A veritable Cakewalk. Drinking again is right up there with me nabbing 'Shotgun' here. Just ain't a gonna happen... 'Tis very comforting to read here of Folks whippin' on this thing called Life.

Sunrise a while ago, with a Finger-poppin Remix for accompaniment ...

- 'Tea For Two' ~ Sarah Vaughn - Cris Shaw Remix -