Notices

Happier birthday

Old 12-09-2015, 01:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerWineGirl View Post
Congratulations on you sobriety, that is fantastic! And a big happy birthday! I am right behind you, I turn 50 on the 20th. Like you, I am very excited to be turning 50 sober. Yay us!!!!!!!!
Yah us indeed. It's a big deal. Happy sober 50th for the 20th my friend.
xxx
Old 12-09-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
Happy 50th!

My sobriety is connected to when I turned 50 this year, but indirectly. I was ill about 6 weeks before my birthday, and as my party involved my band playing only its second gig, I decided to be alcohol free until after we'd finished playing on the night, to avoid the risk of getting ill again. Which I did. I finished playing, had a beer, and the strangest thing happened. I realised I didn't actually enjoy that first drink in over 6 weeks as much as I was expecting. Something that had been a huge part of my life for over 30 years left me feeling a bit flat. Even a bit disappointed that I'd had a drink. Even though it was only meant to be a 6 week break, not an attempt to quit. I had a few more, but a day or two later I found SR. Around 3 weeks, and a lot of soul searching after that I quit for good. Over 6 months ago now.

I'm sure the next decade will be brilliant for us both. 50 is the new 40. Or is it 30? Either way I'm really looking forward to the future. Some exciting new things already happening for me. And experiencing them sober is definitely the way to go.
Well done OpenTurning, here's to fantastic 50's and actually experiencing them with a clear head. Let's see what we can do sober, exciting times!
xx
Old 12-09-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks so much all of you for your lovely support, congratulations and good wishes. SR means such a lot to me. Feeling a bit emotional this morning and that's ok too, beats the hell out of self hatred and hung over.
thanks all
xx
Old 12-09-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

yay, FarToGo, happy b-day.
and yeah, i had some fundamental changes to make, too, and can tell you that it's doable

keep going.