Notices

New approach

Old 12-08-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New approach

The new approach I talked about yesterday lasted all of one day. Had a really poor sleep last night and as soon as I got to work I was hit with waves of anxiety over and over.

I managed to pull through but it was just survival today. I've had a blinding headache all day too. For those following, I'm on sertraline now previous venlafaxine. I'm still not feeling good at all, at best, like I was indicating yesterday, I'm trying to be mindful and put a patch on things. Been on 100mg just shy of 4 weeks. Like the doc says, you should stay on the same one for a while. I am pretty fed up with it all now after a year of being off work for part of it and going between these tablets. Stopping drinking feels like a punishment as I don't recall feeling as bad when I was drinking. Then again, it was a pretty hazy time.

If this is the reality I'm left with though, I want out.

I think my sleep is really very badly affected, I have no problem getting off to sleep. The major factor is when I wake, I do not feel rested at all. This has been pretty consistent most way through the year. Headaches I've never struggled with prior to this year.

I just feel like I need a breakthrough, after 3 ad's this year. Improved sleep would be good
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

What time do you wind down Stewy
Old 12-08-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling Stewy. Sometimes finding the right antidepressant takes awhile.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think there's always going to be good and bad days Stewy, even with all the things we try to do to be in a better place, sometimes life can just be hard some days.

Hang in there!!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you'll find the right meds and right balance Stwey.

I think PK makes a good point tho - some days are good, and some are not. It doesn't necessarily mean that we're 'failing'.

D