Notices

Sobriety first

Old 12-08-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Sobriety first

most days I go through a lot of frustration, arguments and stress with people. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm not putting my sobriety first. Every day when I wake up I have to do some sort of meditation or reflection and I know that I just don't do it. If I could just say some prayers asking my higher power to remove my anger any and all things that might come up during my day I can recognize things that show patterns. Maybe I'll be able to handle certain things better kinder but apparently I'm putting all of the daily hardships in front of my sobriety. My spiritual condition is the foundation for any and all problems that come up when data time. Sometimes it's very difficult to set aside other people that are coming at you and needing things. But the people that really love you should understand you're different need a moment to breathe before you can handle any kind of reactions. Sometimes they may think you're weak most the time they will not understand. We have to keep our recovery first we are of no service to anyone or anything without the serenity we have to havein a genuine way. Be patient with the people that do not understand. This is an about convincing through words but your actions. This is what I have learned this is what I will do my best to do
Old 12-08-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Sobriety first

I have to put my sobriety first. If I don't meditate on sobriey literature or even one thread in the morning and feel serene and everybody else in my life is going to see that side of irritability afterwards. The old irritable and restless. I'll come up with a plan I'm going to meditate here for just a minute or two instead of having to grope through my day and find a little bit of struggle pieces. The problem I'm finding is that my fiancé totally doesn't get it and he's never really seen their side.

Well I've told him he has to be civilized and quit screaming across the room. He's been patient and tolerant with me so I'm gonna be patient and tolerant with him while he understands that I will be changing as long as I use my tools.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great perspective, I definitely needed to put my Sobriety first to make it happen!!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Without sobriety we will be what we were
Old 12-08-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sobriety needs to be at the top of my list, too, Step12; without it, everything else loses its importance.