Notices

Fear no more Weekender Dec 4 Pt 2

Old 12-05-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Doesn't Lunch take about forever when you're eating from a Bird Feeder?
Probably, good strategy to try to master slow eating)
Old 12-05-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Doesn't Lunch take about forever when you're eating from a Bird Feeder?

OK I joined some friends in a pub today - it was a gastro pub so had a restaurant feel and I had lunch there (pretty good food but overpriced, a bit like my sisters place). Left after lunch though as the others looked like they were settling in for the afternoon.

Unlike when I was drinking it is quite unusual for them to spend the afternoon drinking
Old 12-05-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning! Beautiful sunny, chilly day here. Birds are mobbing my feeders. Deer in the yard. No hunting signs posted liberally on all perimeters of my property. Last cup of coffee in my hands. Sigh...sober. I used be aware of every groaning, suffering organ in my body on a morning after. Today, my body is at peace, humming along, taking care of its quiet business.

I am up and headed out for a preemptive haircut, since I will be traveling a lot the next two weeks. While I'm in town, I have to trade in some too-large pants and get a couple of new blouses. The clients I will see this week have seen my tired wardrobe of two or three things on too many site visits in a row.

Happy Saturday, my friends!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The pub was the Princess of Shoreditch and I don't want to do it a disservice - the food was good.

Now that I think about it, I maybe influenced some of my friends to drink more when I was around than they otherwise would have. Hmm... not a nice thought, still I don't do it any more.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober since October

The delivery guy just called and will be at my place in 20 minutes.

Sorry, weekenders, to bug you all around this , but it's been soooooo long since I ordered something to be delivered that I feel absolutely anxious. Silly me!

Ok, I will survive)))))
Old 12-05-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Soberwolf is not wrong - it is very blustery today

I think you deserve a nice hairdo Bix

Ditto the jacket MidnightBlue, you are not "bugging" anyone either - it is good that you can post here again
Old 12-05-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone.

Just got out of bed, which ideally would have meant I got a tremendous night's sleep. But no, I was up at 6 a.m. Damn it. The moderately good news is that I managed to catch a few more winks.

Off to the Y. I had an unpleasant jolt last time I was there when I caught a look at my entry on the computer screen. Usage: "Low." How the hell did that happen. Oh, yeah. Not going as often as I should (and previously have). Then some chores, then going to try a little artsy craftsy project inspired by a friend's post on FB. Wish me luck. I do need some creative outlets and this one does *appear* easy. Results to follow.

Restaurants -- love them. So, of course, I googled the Princess of Shoreditch. My heavens, the menu looks fabulous. As did the picture I saw of some yummy looking fish. But don't let your mind go to pointless and erroneous places, Sao. Your friends are grown-ups. No one "caused" them to drink anymore than anyone did that to us. We were, sadly, the cause of our own sorrows. No more. Thank you, sobriety.

Shall check in later. The little craftsy project is my reward ... workout and much-needed housecleaning must precede it.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Behan! May your day be a glorious one with the best present of all, Finn!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Also up early here! I did take an ambien so I would sleep last night, but it's better than taking a bottle of wine or 2. Stopped at Starbucks to eat and grab a coffee then I'm off to yoga and a personal training session. Have to meet a new dog sitter today and here comes the hard part.

I went to the university of Iowa. Those not familiar with college football, they play in one of the division championships tonight. There one bar down here that is an Iowa bar, and being part of the Iowa alumni club, I have to be there. Thankfully one of the other girls is pregnant so I can drink/order water with her. But I also have confidence I can say "no I don't feel like drinking tonight" I tend to do this since I'm on the board and also watching all the drunken crazy idiots reminds me I don't want to be in that group.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Yeeeeees, jacket is here!

It costed me about $70 - exactly the amount the New Year party at work would cost me if I chose to go)

All excited. Sobriety rocks!

Thank you all!

That's what absolutely awesome about this place - in 3+ years on SR I shared all kind of stuff - from super heavy about unresolved family issues and risk to become homeless, health problems and a lot more to being anxious about delivery guy. And there is always support and understanding!

Newcomers - ain't it a nice place to hang around for a sober weekend)
Old 12-05-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Happy Birthday Behan!

I accidentally took Tylenol PM at 4am! Needless to say I'm foggier than usual this morning. Blah!

By some miracle I got the insurance stuff done yesterday so I guess today I'll start on my Christmas cards and maybe even start wrapping gifts! I love that part!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job, Melina

Happy Birthday to Behan!

And congrats to MB on the new jacket
Old 12-05-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yay MB!!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

For Behan...

Old 12-05-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thanks, guys)

SP - How are you?
Old 12-05-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Has olive checked in after her procedure yesterday? Maybe I missed it in the last part of the old thread. Anyway....hope everything's alright Olive
Old 12-05-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm great this morning, MB

I have a very sore place on the bottom, middle inner lip where the new hook rubs me at night when I sleep. I clench my mouth shut pretty hard, and I think it must put extra pressure there for some reason. I finally broke out the little box of wax and had to use some this morning ... instant relief! I was silly not to use it before now

Mr. Potamus didn't include me this morning when he made his eggs. That's ok. I will be fine. I will make my own.

He refuses to learn my method of measuring out the coffee and water in the french press. Eff him. I'll make it myself. It's been ... four years ... and he still can't make a decent carafe of coffee.

Lucy is shaking and I'm not sure why. Yesterday, they were gone nine hours straight in the woods behind our house. He had to go get them after dark to make them come home. Katie's eyes were swollen shut. We rinsed them out with water this morning and now she's sleeping. Lucy is sitting there, shaking, looking at me. I feel helpless to figure out what's wrong.

Otherwise, I'm feeling happy and hopeful and rested!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Behan
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Behan!

About to head to bed and just checkin in.

Enjoy your jacket MB. I am very peticular about my tea too, and import an oolong from hong kong. But I have found a few standouts local to the US. For a calming tea there is a satiating herbal tisane called Star Spangled Herbal by Barnes and Watson - especially good with milk. It's local to Seattle. It uses mint and rosehips in just the right combo. If you prefer black, Pikes market has an orange spiced tea that is made with orange oil. I got some Lady Grey loose leaf in the UK that was also good but I haven't looked for it in the US yet.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Was wondering about Olive yesterday...