Notices

Eating

Old 12-04-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by KidsEverywhere View Post
Although I have drank three times over the last couple of months since "I quit", I gained 10 pounds over the same period of time because I am finding myself wanted to snack on stuff between meals and especially after work. I never snacked when I was drinking and sometimes even pushed dinner back late and didn't eat much.
Sounds exactly how I was after I quit. I never used to eat ice cream or snacks when I was drinking, god forbid that might take up space in my stomach for precious alcohol.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

OMG Your post somethings wrong with your physical self! Everybody don't take offense at this I'm Toughloveing her because she is in danger get your button into the emergency room right now! I'm not going to profess publicly and specifically but I know what I'm talking about because of my job. You're going through with drawls about your blood pressure is high get in the ER and tell them about the symptoms don't worry about your drinking right now.

There are a number of things that could be wrong with and I'm not gonna tell you what they are I don't want to scare you get a check now!!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

If you don't have insurance and don't want to go to the ER go to AA and tell the women in the group what's going on.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I agree go to the ER and get checked out.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I did eat breakfast this morning but still not feeling great, my BP is 127/96 which is high but not too horribly high. I have a cuff bc that is a big paranoia of mine.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Not eating will cause a lot of damage - some of it irreparable.

I hope you can turn this around before you damage your organs or bones. It's pretty serious when you aren't getting nutrients.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh i am not drinking, I am ready to stop. Ready to have control over myself, my head, my body.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I didn't eat either, when I did I threw it back up again. The only thing my body thought it needed was more booze. Its NOT a good place to be in. The only way you are going to eat properly again is to get sober and stay sober.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone- I was able to eat a salad & a protein shake this afternoon and am feeling better. but then this is when I think, oh I can have a drink
Old 12-04-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Play the tape and remember what brought you gere. Do you want to feel like $&?¿ again? Remember that your body is a machine and food is fuel. Keep pushing through. We are with you.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
Thank you everyone- I was able to eat a salad & a protein shake this afternoon and am feeling better. but then this is when I think, oh I can have a drink
This is a good time to catch yourself. It's always a dangerous time for me too - as soon as I start to feel 'good', I reach for that drink. Isn't that the very definition of self-sabotage?