Notices

Fear no more Weekender Dec 4

Old 12-03-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
I'm in. Glad to be here. Got some pet health issues going on. SoberP, why do pet problems seem to come in pairs!? My oldest dog struggling with worsened cardiac insufficiency. And last night my little young athlete dog started trembling and crying with pain and wouldn't walk or stand. Has to be her back. The vet is going to love seeing me again this morning. I think I am paying his mortgage this month.
Oh my, Bix, yes, it does seem that way sometimes. So sorry! I hope they find out what's going on with your doggies. It is so hard to see them in pain.

Keep us updated...

Old 12-03-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I'm waiting for page 4 so I can call shotgun for page 4...
Old 12-03-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Oh, and if you've never had lemon cake for breakfast I highly recommend it!
I am quite fond of any cake for breakfast With coffee, always with coffee.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I'm not going into work tomorrow either haha
You're beginning to sound like a character from Office Space
Old 12-03-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Feeling very anxious today, out of the blue. I used to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, so I know the feeling well. I'm going to try to meditate, and then take the dog out for a short walk. He hates the cold, so a long one is not going to work. I hate feeling this way.
Marty, any exercise or moving around should help. It helps me. Last night I got on the exercise bike for 30 minutes when I was feeling particularly anxious. It was like I had all this pent up residual anxiety from the day, from thinking about upcoming surgery.

Writing your thoughts out too, that can sometimes help.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
instead of 'good morning' I am greeted with, "What are you doing?" in a not so nice attitude. Let's see, I got up at 0920, had a few almonds and water, logged on here and not even five minutes, What are you doing... Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. You don't usually get out of bed until afternoon... hairdresser appt... I make coffee and breakfast... hurry up and go already...
Ha! Well, Brain, I've heard this one before. And I'm also guilty of it. I think I've said it to him in surprise, like, maybe he wasn't supposed to be up so early?
Old 12-03-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Olive, fingers crossed for you today. Hope your little procedure goes well and is over quickly At least, I think you said it was today.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi folks,

I posted a picture or two from my Thanksgiving "vacation" to the Caribbean's Amatique Bay late last weekend. But, there were lots of threads going, apparently. Anyway, here's one of them:

Pretty majestic place! Got into the rivers and kayaked through the rainforest, swam outside an old Spanish castle that was used to battle Pirates in the 1600's, and explored some great seafood. I even rented a little jetski from a dude, and went around Guatemala's largest lake, Lake Izabal. Just incredible!

More incredible is that I was able to drive 6 hours EACH WAY, through the Guatemalan highlands and rough eastern terrain to get to the Caribbean. Just a crazy drive, never done anything like that, it was cool to be at the wheel in the truck, rocking the mountains!

Sobriety has helped me achieve and enjoy all of these gifts! It was just 3.5 short years ago that I was on "Day 1". Let's make it happen, gang!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

well not only did you take shotgun, you took up half the bus on page four... I heard of saving seats before, but c'mon already...

haha,, no, that "WAYD?" meant I should be cleaning the house or something - sending our resumes etc... Relaxing for ten minutes apparently doesn't count as doing something.
I must remember when I lost my job she immediately took a course to get a part time job just for the bennies and worked graveyard shift while going to school full time. I must humble myself before the queen She doesn't realize I was training her for success. True.

She is discovering that being truthful and critical with co-workers is not a good thing here in America. In the Motherland if someone is slacking or not doing their job it is expected that co-workers rip them a new one. Here, if you say something you are put on the watch list... Sad but true.
She doesn't get it that most people are there for one purpose, sneak through the day doing as little as possible and collect a paycheck. America...
Old 12-03-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I need that brown leather vest.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

welcome back BigSombrero. Enjoyed your photos - and again as usual.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I changed my avatar, the lights on the tree feel a bit manic, I might change it, not sure yet
Are the lights hard for you guys to look at?
Old 12-03-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
FEAR = face everything and recover. If I start facing my fear it has much less control over me. No more hiding in a bottle.
I like this, and hadn't seen it before.

Dog got a pain shot and anti-inflammatory pills to take home. Expect it to resolve. And she loved her new vet-- oh and she says thanks to mom's friends for the well-wishes!
  # 74 (permalink)  

So beautiful, BigS.
  # 75 (permalink)  

Awesome pic and post bigS!!!
  # 76 (permalink)  

jsb I get a little dizzy from moving avatars in general. It's cute, though
Old 12-03-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

The sun is out! First time in days. Time to try to walk the dog.

Beautiful pic, Big S. I'm daydreaming about a trip somewhere, and that looks like the kind of place I'd love to go. My uncle and his girlfriend are going to Mexico for two months this winter - they have invited us to come visit at some point. That might do the trick nicely. Just have to figure out logistics and money, and I'm there. Can't take my son out of school, so might not be able to go. Depends on when the ex has a vacation week. Can't leave my son here with him unless he's on vacation, because he gets up at 4 to go to work. It's complicated.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I am quite fond of any cake for breakfast With coffee, always with coffee.
Or pie. Pie is its own food group and I'm pretty sure it is a superfood...my fave is a tie between raisin pie and egg custard with coffee.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh, and I need to get a new passport. Better get cracking on that, like yesterday.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hugs, MLD...let us know how you feel after getting out with the chilly-dog. May have to take another one alone for yourself?