Notices

Convalescence's Recovery Journal

Old 02-18-2018, 10:07 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Doubledee,

It went really well and I'm excited to be doing it regularly. Going in again tomorrow after work.

Things are going well recovery-wise - peace and stability are the norm now, thank God.

Much love to you guys.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

That's great to hear Convalescence. Its amazing the peace and stability we throw away in . Long may your sobriety continue.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I know it will be DoubleDee, thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you're doing well.

Just continuing to work on myself these days. My birthday is coming up in a few months, it'll be a nice chance to look back on where I was a few years ago and take things into perspective.

Excited to see the kids tomorrow, and glad to be living authentically and addiction free.

Have a great week, all.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:15 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear all is well Convalescence

D
Old 03-04-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

The past few days have been pretty bad, unfortunately. Everyone in my office was laid off from work, I'd barely been working there two months.

I genuinely liked my coworkers and am sad that we'll be going our separate ways now. I'm hoping to find new work in the area so I can volunteer with the kids I've been seeing each week, having to say goodbye to them would be very upsetting.

As a plus, I do have until the end of the month to look for new employment. I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm glad I can be sober and handle situations like this as an adult.

The difficult situations in life I'll endure can't compare to the self-destructive cycle of my past addiction. I'm going to try and stay positive throughout this and prepare myself for a new adventure, wherever that ends up taking me.

All the best.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:43 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes with the job search convalescence

D
Old 03-11-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Doubledee,

Been a busy week of job hunting/resume updating. Staying upbeat about my situation now that the initial shock of it has passed. Things are still well recovery-wise.

Though I had hoped to be at my current job longer, I still count it as a positive experience and am going to roll with the punches. I'm confident something will work out for me and this is going to be a nice opportunity for personal growth and resourcefulness.

All the best, friends.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bed to post an update on my situation.

I have some more job interviews this week. There's also a chance everyone in our office will have an extended opportunity to work for our company for another 3-12 months.

I feel confident that something will work out either way and am excited to see where I'll go next in life. No more of that self-pity stuff for me, thanks.

I'm glad that I can always fall back on my virtual recovery family wherever I end up physically. I really do love you guys and this site has been an invaluable resource to me.

Have a great week, all!
Old 03-19-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes as always convalescence

D
Old 03-22-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Great to see you're doing well. Good luck with the job hunting.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Thanks DoubleDee,

I'm grateful that something worked out this week. I'll be able to help rebuild one of our company's websites with my current team thanks to my manager advocating for us.

It'll sort of function like a contract job but with my current pay and benefits intact. Once the job is over I will have to look for something permanent again, but it's expected to take a year or so which I'm alright with. I'm thankful I'll get to keep learning from and working with the same people for a while.

It's nice to have some stability in life again. Hope everyone is doing well with their recoveries.

Much love.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Popping in to say all is well.

I had a nice, relaxing Easter and had a chance to go to church with my mom. Good times.

Take care, all.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Getting ready for another stellar week. My birthday is coming up pretty soon. Glad to be heading into it sober and emotionally/spiritually well.

Take care, friends.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you convalescence

D
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, hope you're doing well.

Things are normal/stable here. We're getting some more details on our project at work this week, excited that's moving along. My team will still be laid off after it, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to work with them through the end of the year or so.

I'm not sure where I'll go in life after that, but I'm at peace with things. Glad to be getting good experience here and forming positive memories.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:38 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here thanks convalescence

Glad you feel at peace

D
Old 04-22-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in before bed.

My birthday is coming up mid-next week. I'm also getting closer towards two years of sobriety in August.

God is good, things are good.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I spent today with my family and had an amazing pre-birthday meal/visit. It's great not having to live with the guilt/paranoia of covering up my problems from them.

I really do love my folks and never told them about my addiction out of shame/fear. I'm thankful everyday that I've been able to get help and live healthily on my own. The problems my addiction caused didn't just exist in a vacuum, they took time away from my other relationships and could have hurt the people I love the most. What matters is that's in the past now.

Here's to normal, healthy relationships from here on out.

Much love, friends.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy upcoming bday man

D
Old 05-06-2018, 09:56 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, it was a good one.

Busy week ahead, but looking forward to the challenges it brings. I'm also enjoying being 27 and hope to go on some fun, personally rewarding adventures this year.

All the best, friends. Much love.