Old 12-04-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Scottie

D
Old 12-04-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful news, Scottie. You're doing this.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good job on making it through the party, Scottie! Many of us here wouldn't have even attempted such a risky scenario and temptation, but it shows you have self-discipline and are on the right path. Keep taking positive steps foward....best wishes!
Old 12-04-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome. Good work.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Awesome stuff Scottie, well done......now if I could only get you to use paragraphs you would be well on your way keep it up buddy
Old 12-05-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello Scottie! Excellent job at taking the first step to a better life. I look forward to seeing more of your posts!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello all,

So I'm sitting here at work after a great night w/ my family and starting to feel w/d symptoms again. Anxious, sweaty, shaky, chest pains and just overall blah. Today is 3 weeks sober for me.

My mind keeps telling me what was the point in quitting drinking if you are still going to have all these feelings. Sorry, just frustrated and don't like what my body is telling me.

Thank you,

Scottie
Old 12-09-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's your AV Scottie it will say anything one some the tools I used to combat this with are Journalling, Gratitude lists, Urge Surfing & Cravings links

Here's some useful links bud

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 12-09-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sc0ot3r1982 View Post
Hello all,

So I'm sitting here at work after a great night w/ my family and starting to feel w/d symptoms again. Anxious, sweaty, shaky, chest pains and just overall blah. Today is 3 weeks sober for me.

My mind keeps telling me what was the point in quitting drinking if you are still going to have all these feelings. Sorry, just frustrated and don't like what my body is telling me.

Thank you,

Scottie
3 weeks is fantastic Scottie, well done!

Yes, it's frustrating that our bodies can take a long time to completely readjust after years of abuse. But the good thing is you only have to do this once. As long as you don't let your AV trick you into drinking again.

Also remember, even sober people get sick some times, feel depressed some times, have bad days at work sometimes, get stressed sometimes. So don't allow your resolve to slip if life isn't immediately perfect for you. Giving up alcohol is the single biggest and best change you can make to improve the quality of your life. Keep up the fantastic work!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think about how long you drank for Scottie - it's going to take a little time for mind and body to recuperate.

Try and be patient - and have faith - you're on the right road.

D
Old 12-09-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the encouragement. It helps. This anxiety attack has been going on since 1000 this morning (it's 3PM here). I'm just trying to push through it.

Scottie
Old 12-11-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Just feel down and out today. So I'm 3 1/2 weeks clean today. But I don't feel good. Still have bad anxiety everyday, jittery, tired, cravings and all that fun stuff. I start thinking if I'm still going to go through all this what the hell was the point in stopping.
Everyday feels like I'm going to have a heart attack or stroke out at my desk at work. I really want to be sober and get better for ME and my family. Today is my 12 year wedding anniversary and I don't even feel like celebrating. I just feel beaten down and it's so hard to pick myself back up off the ground. I have had a few good days since putting down the bottle and it's been nice to not have to be rushed to the ER. But I just want this to go away and for me to be able to enjoy my life.
Well just needed to get that off my chest. Back to work.

Scottie
Old 12-11-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 3.5 weeks clean that's massive its ok to feel crappy were not superheroes we get bad days as well as good just know you always have us to lean on were here for you bud

& big congrats on 12 years together

Stick close to SR if your feeling low
Old 12-11-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So sorry you're still feeling so awful. I hope you find the strength to keep going with your sobriety though. It really will get better. But still not much comfort while you're going through this.

Please excuse a dumb question, but have you had a good look at what you're eating and drinking right now? Are there any changes you might be able to make there that could help? You're thinking right now that what your body needs is booze, which it clearly doesn't. But there may be other things it needs that it isn't getting. I'm not a nutritionist in any way, shape or form, so not offering suggestions. But I know I've found myself feeling anxious and depressed before, and had the symptoms disappear after getting myself something healthy to eat and drink. So I know there is a connection between diet and mood. Of course I'm sure you know this already, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

That is a good question. While I have had some stuff not so good for me, (love me some Taco Bell or Wings) I have been drinking vegetable and fruit smoothies. I have cut out caffeine. I'm eating more sensible than I used to. Baked chicken no skin, pasta, boiled eggs for snacks. I'm trying to eat healthy. I will admit I need to workout more. Maybe that is it.

scottie
Old 12-11-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congrats! You've come a long way. Exercise is absolutely the best medicine. It's just hard to get motivated to do it!

I would suggest seeing a therapist too. They will have a huge impact on your ability to deal with anxiety. You'll have guidance for identifying the causes and dealing with each issue in a healthy way.

Some of us drink because we have underlying depression or anxiety issues. Deal with those directly and your sober self will benefit immensely.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sc0ot3r1982 View Post
That is a good question. While I have had some stuff not so good for me, (love me some Taco Bell or Wings) I have been drinking vegetable and fruit smoothies. I have cut out caffeine. I'm eating more sensible than I used to. Baked chicken no skin, pasta, boiled eggs for snacks. I'm trying to eat healthy. I will admit I need to workout more. Maybe that is it.

scottie
Thought you'd probably already thought of that. But I don't see chocolate on that list? That's one of the 5 a day isn't it?

Actually, that isn't completely a joke. Alcohol has a lot of sugars, and I know I lost weight when I quit drinking because of that. While you're body is adjusting, could it still be craving some of those now missing sugars? That's an actual question, not advice. I don't know the answer. But again, might be worth looking into.