SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I want to stop my addiction.. Pls help me !?!? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380120-i-want-stop-my-addiction-pls-help-me.html)

Freshstart1296 11-30-2015 10:47 AM

I want to stop my addiction.. Pls help me !?!?

I am a 20 year old female. I have been addicted to oxycodone/ percocets for about 3 years now. I want to become sober , I miss my life. Today I woke up and realized I am missing out on so much. I did use yesterday , but today I haven't. And I feel terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do .. Please in desperate need.

AAPJ 11-30-2015 10:51 AM

Where are you located? Not an exact address as we want to respect your privacy but
state and country would help for direction to appropriate resources.

biminiblue 11-30-2015 10:55 AM

Can you contact a local NA (Narcotics Anonymous) phone number and speak with someone who can help you? You can Google the phone numbers for your location.

How about going to the local hospital or your doctor if you have one. Opiates are tough to kick by yourself. If you call NA, they can support you and help you. NA is free.

There are also good programs for opiate addiction recovery that involve prescription drugs, if you feel you want to go that route. Personally, I'd want to kick all of it.

((hug))

You deserve a good life. Make the call :)

Welcome to the forums. Keep talking to us. You can do this.

RDBplus3 11-30-2015 11:06 AM

Hi Fresh ...

In addition to what else is shared in this forum ...

Another suggestion is to do a Web Search for Recovery Speakers. Most are about Alcohol, but there are also many about Drug issues (they seem to run together for many of us). You will find stories from a lot of people whose lives were out of control, and are now Happy, Joyous and FREE.

RDBplus3 :c014:

jryan19982 11-30-2015 12:49 PM

Giving up pills is hard. It was tough for me, but I got off of them. You are going to feel like crap while your body rids itself of the addiction. It wont be easy but there are ways to make it more tolerable. Drink pedialyte or childs rehydration drinks, stay away from gatorade as it has a lot of sugar in it. Eat- for now it doesnt really matter what you eat just as long as you get something in your system. Being dehydrated and hungry makes it ten times worse. Sleep. Get outside and get some sun light. Dont stay in doors as that tends to make depression and anxiety much worse. Do some light walking or hiking for a week. Then gradually make it a longer walk or hike then maybe start mixing in some jogging. Stay active will help you a lot.

Soberwolf 11-30-2015 12:55 PM

Welcome FreshStart this site is full of support & helpful friendly advice

Still time to jump into the class of November lots of ppl getting sober together around the same time

Glad you found us

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-21.html

graywh1teblue 11-30-2015 01:21 PM

I am on day 14 from oxycodone/heroin so i understand completely!! I'm also in my early 20s, female...but i wanted to say congrats on choosing to get clean. You can do this! I waited till i lost almost everything with several attempts to get clean. but what REALLY makes the difference is getting OUTSIDE help. it took me 2 days of calling around to find an outpatient center right for me but if you start now, you might find one by tonight! it all depends where you live and how bad you want to stop. Hang in there and feel free to message me if you need support or anything! :)

jryan19982 11-30-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by graywh1teblue (Post 5668018)
I am on day 14 from oxycodone/heroin so i understand completely!! I'm also in my early 20s, female...but i wanted to say congrats on choosing to get clean. You can do this! I waited till i lost almost everything with several attempts to get clean. but what REALLY makes the difference is getting OUTSIDE help. it took me 2 days of calling around to find an outpatient center right for me but if you start now, you might find one by tonight! it all depends where you live and how bad you want to stop. Hang in there and feel free to message me if you need support or anything! :)

I agree nothing can replace professional help.

PurpleKnight 12-01-2015 08:01 AM

Welcome to the Forum FreshStart!! :wave:

Choicy 12-01-2015 08:04 AM

A Way to Help

Dee74 12-01-2015 01:27 PM

welcome to SR Freshstart1296 :)

This is a great community. Keep posting here - you'll find a lot of ideas and a lot of support :)

least 12-01-2015 01:30 PM

Welcome to the family. :) I hope the awesome support here can help you get sober for good. :hug:

Justincredible 12-01-2015 01:39 PM

Welcome! Some good advice posted here. In a few days I will be 1year clean from opiates. It is possible, lots of people here on SR to prove it and help in any way we can.