Shotgun!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I just missed it

Congrats wehav2day
Old 11-28-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh! New thread! Awesome

*goes to catch up in old one* I HAZ WINDOWS 10.. .so I'm trying to figure it out. I like it. It's clean/simple. So far.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tetra it's probably my second shotgun in three years, thanks!

Bimini, you are. A courageous soul going for Windows 10. I usually wait at least a year and listen for joy or grumbles. They are due for a good one, I hope you love it!

Well, it's our annual night where my partner makes her world famous bubble and squeak with our leftover thanksgiving potatoes. I'm the cook so it's strange and awesome at the same time sitting here while she slaves away in the kitchen... I could get used to this...
Old 11-28-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It seems to be every-other-one for likey/no-likey on the Windows software. I liked Windows 7, that's what I was using. I hear 8 was a problem child.

I just feel like I should grab it while it's free and not wait till I have to pay for add-ons, which is what they're threatening (who knows.) Plus I kind of asked around and people seem to like it. There are a lot of sort of spy-like features that I think I turned off. Whatev. It's too late now - I'm in the future, baby. I know at some point they stop having good support for older versions. I mean, I liked Vista. I'm glad the self-install was pretty much one-click.

Meh. I'll figure it out. I'm sober and smart!...where's the Control Panel? LOL, I'm using windows search for everything because I'm not readily seeing the navigation.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have no idea what bubble and squeak is, Wehav?
Old 11-28-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EndGame

Old 11-28-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not that thrilled with the new browser. It's kind of stalker-y.

That's twice I've said that today. I think I'm getting paranoid.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D
Old 11-28-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lucy enjoying the sunset today...

They had a nice time at the river. She came home and ate lots of delicious turkey
Old 11-28-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

is someone holding up a mirror for lucy to enjoy that sunset?

the dishwasher war is ON!
Old 11-28-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wiseguy

He said she seems to enjoy the kayak, however she also seems to miss being able to sniff around on the ground
Old 11-28-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you getting these pics? Oh, wait. My phone automagically uploads to the web.

Lucy is ready to come home. I can tell.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dishwasher wars?? Yay. Mine needs to be emptied.

Mr. Potamus pulled out a fork and made a big dramatic scene of questioning whether this particular load was clean or dirty.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Bim, the husband texts them. Earlier, I posted them as he sent them. That last one was sent a couple hours ago Didn't see it until just now.

I have all pics on my phone set to auto-upload to my private Photobucket, and then I direct link them here. That way, once they upload to Photobucket (and I double check to make sure), I wipe them from the phone which frees up space.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

More self care today in the form of a huge meal of sautéed shrimp and steak. Lots of veggies, rice and beans. Cherry pie and coffee.

Trip to Target to stock up on the blackberry cucumber LaCroix... pajamas were 40% off so don't mind if I do on some soft pink leopard print sweats, ooh la la

All this stuff may be normal life but I really resented taking care of myself when I was drinking. I thought someone else should do it for me while I drank.

And when people would talk about self care, like suggesting a bubble bath or buying a special tea, I thought they were sooooooo lame. How was that ever going to scratch the itch that blackout drinking did? And I could take a bubble bath WITH whisky, a bunch of Ativan and a six pack to really amp up the 'self care.' Ugh. I went through a phase of that. I'm lucky I never passed out in the tub.

So I do the little, quiet things to reward myself and it's working. I'm learning to trust myself again. I know some thing is really wrong when I refuse to feed myself all day, out of apathy sometimes but usually it's me feeling sorry for myself over who knows what that day.

I know I mention self care a lot. I need to bc I'm in the thick of figuring out what that is and I'm seeing how it helps me. It may seem so simple to some, like super obvious and I am a dummy... But that's where I am right now and at 41, I really appreciate these comforting gestures. I'm learning what it means to love myself.

What do you do for self care? What does comfort look like to you? Is it a shopping spree, what kind of meal, a nap, a chat with a friend, a strenuous workout? All ideas welcome, gracias

xoxo
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Lucy is ready to come home. I can tell.
Yeah, she looks tired or impatient there I think. He said she would rather be sniffing along on the ground. Beagles. Gotta always be smelling things. She probably felt "stuck" on the kayak.
  # 19 (permalink)  

SP
That's a great plan. My phone just loads to iCloud. Is your phone an iPhone? If it is, I need to do some more learnin' so I can skip a couple steps between taking the picture and posting it here.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
And when people would talk about self care, like suggesting a bubble bath or buying a special tea, I thought they were sooooooo lame. How was that ever going to scratch the itch that blackout drinking did? hat that day.
Me too! I thought ... no friggin' way ... a cup of tea?? WTD? How silly. A cup of tea and lighting a candle was suggested by a therapist years ago. There was no way I could envision or imagine an enjoyable time without a bottle of wine (or multiple bottles).

After I got sober, it was a necessity - I had to find things to replace the ritual of drinking, and so at first it was with coffee, and later, tea. Also, there was ice-cream and chocolate Working out, gardening, the beagles, and finally, once my head cleared a little, reading and writing. All those things tend to soothe me, albeit, in different ways.

And the LaCroix waters! Can't forget those. I always keep club soda, juice, and some lemons or limes. I replaced my old wine glasses with some semi-fancy French bee motif pedestal glasses.

Another thing, for many of us who are introverted, just making sure we have downtime and solitude is enough to qualify as self-care

You're doing great, Melina, keep it up

Finding ways to soothe, and even knowing that you need to self-soothe is excellent.