SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Power of Belief (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380023-power-belief.html)

Ultramarathoner 11-28-2015 02:23 PM

The Power of Belief

"Almost Every Successful Person Begins With Two Beliefs: The Future Can Be Better Than The Present, And I Have The Power To Make It So."

Every individual on this board- members or not- has demonstrated both these beliefs through finding and spending time here.

Yet "belief" in itself is not a strategy. When one couples belief with a solid plan- powerful things can happen. There are many examples around here- and many sure to follow.

I admire each of your courage and commitment and look forward to celebrating many, many successes.

Soberpotamus 11-28-2015 02:35 PM

Great post :)

Dee74 11-28-2015 02:57 PM

well said Ultra :)

D

Hevyn 11-28-2015 03:05 PM

Thank you so much, Ultra. :)

Soberwolf 11-28-2015 03:39 PM

Excellent post

FreeOwl 11-28-2015 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner (Post 5665202)
"Almost Every Successful Person Begins With Two Beliefs: The Future Can Be Better Than The Present, And I Have The Power To Make It So."

Every individual on this board- members or not- has demonstrated both these beliefs through finding and spending time here.

Yet "belief" in itself is not a strategy. When one couples belief with a solid plan- powerful things can happen. There are many examples around here- and many sure to follow.

I admire each of your courage and commitment and look forward to celebrating many, many successes.

This is awesome.... and you'll also appreciate how it reinforces my own belief in the power of the formula 'belief+action=RESULTS!!'

Yesterday I registered for my first 50mile trail race... the more-grueling big brother of this year's 50k.

BOOM!!!

Thanks Ultramarathoner.

Backatchya

:grouphug:

Ultramarathoner 11-28-2015 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by FreeOwl (Post 5665390)
This is awesome.... and you'll also appreciate how it reinforces my own belief in the power of the formula 'belief+action=RESULTS!!'

Yesterday I registered for my first 50mile trail race... the more-grueling big brother of this year's 50k.

BOOM!!!

Thanks Ultramarathoner.

Backatchya

:grouphug:

Fantastic, epic goal!

I only officially "earned" my name about a month ago on a 50k (though I'd already driven it into my subconscious). I'll be sticking with this distance and cheer for you as you tackle the "real" ultras!

I have however already mapped out my training plans and interim races (including two trail marathons) leading up to next October's 50k. (Consistent with your "Belief + Action = Results" philosophy).

I look forward to your race report!

FreeOwl 11-29-2015 03:59 AM

I have until August... training begins in earnest today. Sunrise trail run with friends on a new section of the course.... snowy and icy and in the 20's.

:)