Notices

Losing Hope

Old 11-30-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Steve - I am only one week in on my journey here on SR and the support is fantastic. I recommend to read and post often - ask any and all questions you may have.

You can beat this.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this Steve we believe in you
Old 11-30-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWH1959 View Post
Hi

My name is Steve and for the past 25 years I have struggled with alcohol. I have tried many times to quit but it never lasts o should I say I never finish the course.
This is the first time I have ever tried using a forum but I feel I am losing the battle and need help and support from people who know what I am talking about but more importantly from their past experiences they know what they are talking about.
Been sober for 2 days but seems like I have been living a nightmare for 2 lifetimes.

Thanks if you reads this
Welcome and yes been there and done that. I was a high functioning alcoholic or so I thought Almost died three times that I know of not to mention the to numerous times to count it was a miracle I woke up. Have done many manners of drugs but could put them down after a while. Vodka was the one constant that actually brought me to me knees. And may sound crazy but I am grateful for that for it brought me to AA it brought me to the steps and it brought me to a place that I now can look the man in the mirror in the eyes. My suggestion is get a sponsor, work the steps, and chase recovery like ya did the alcohol. It is worth it and so are YOU!!