Notices

Help

Old 11-27-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

2 months sober PAWS?
Hi I'm sober 2 months and 2days PAWS is killing me! Very dizzy , nightmares, scared, afraid to go out can't coordinate look like still drinking.......so scared any helpful suggestions?
Old 11-27-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would suggest you consult with a Doctor.

This sounds awful.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello lily ...

I am 60+ years old. I drank for 40 years. I STRUGGLED real hard to get sober (failing after many attempts to CONTROL my drinking). After I finally completely surrendered trying to CONTROL my drinking, and went completely Sober, I STRUGGLED real hard for a few months at least. I am now 2 years Happy, Joyous and FREE.

At the point of having a couple months sober, I KNOW how difficult the STRUGGLE is (was for me).

1. KNOW that drinking will ONLY make things MUCH worse, and the Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization will be compounded by drinking ... and the hideous ... starting over ... again.

2. It gets BETTER ... And it is GUARANTEED to get MUCH BETTER if you WORK the 12 steps of AA. (I am proof, and MANY people I know that believed themselves to be completely HOPELESS consider themselves proof also)

3. A suggestion - do a Web Search for Recovery Speakers - there are many messages to listen to that will provide help and encouragement - and they are available for Free.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 11-27-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to meet you LilyAzalea I back up what Opivotal said about seeing a Dr I remember feeling like this although not at 2 months but earlier so I'd try to get an apt or go with a friend to your local ER

Here's some links & suggestions

PAWS | Digital Dharma

3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice*Anywhere - Self help for anxiety -

Stick close to us tonight think about watching a movie can you call a trusted friend who understands what's going on ?

& how about a hot long soak that's what I'm about to do in 15 mins relaxes me so much

Thinking of you
Old 11-27-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I also suggest talking to your dr. That seems like the best idea for you.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi LilyAzalea

I'm not a doctor but PAWs is Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome - if you get it (and not everyone does) it usually occurs after the first 30 days or so.

At 2 days what you have there is more likely just plain ol' withdrawal.

Still not pleasant I know.

Have you considered seeing a Dr?

D
Old 11-27-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi LilyAzalea

I'm not a doctor but PAWs is Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome - if you get it (and not everyone does) it usually occurs after the first 30 days or so.

At 2 days what you have there is more likely just plain ol' withdrawal.

Still not pleasant I know.

Have you considered seeing a Dr?

D
I think the OP said "2 months, 2 days" or maybe about 63 days altogether, although I could be wrong.

I posted the Digital Dharma link on another thread by the same member in the Alcoholism section.

Otherwise I agree with what you and others have said, and I'll add that for me, one peculiar symptom of PAWS was anxiety specifically regarding the PAWS symptoms themselves -- that "won't this EVER go away???" feeling.

Lilyazalea, hang in there. It does get better!
Old 11-28-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lilyazalea!!