Notices

Reasons why I can't drink normally!!!

Old 11-24-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Echo echo echo. Are you sure you aren't bblackbirdflyy?

Great post, thanks. We have to wake up from this nightmare.

Congrats on 6 days!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow, a year since this post and I'm back in a hole...

Feeling sick, tired, moody, exhausted, panicking about stopping drinking, terrified of the thought of having a seizure...

Finding it impossible to taper...

But should I stop cold turkey?

Finally got back in touch with Addaction who organized my home and dry detox last year, support worker phoning me, hope to meet next week...

I am blacking out every night and have no recollections of conversations I have had with my husband.

I hate my husband, I want him to leave but I realize that I cannot be responsible for 2 children under 10 while I am in the grips of this alcoholism.

I need to wake up and change my life.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi ff,

I am sorry things are hard there, but I can guarantee you that quitting drinking completely is the only way to make things better.

I too used drinking as an escape route for issues in my relationship, I still love my wife but things have been difficult for a while. I can tell you that stopping drinking will make your other problems clearer, which can be scary, but as you said it is the only way you will be able to take action if you have to.

You can do this.

P
Old 11-09-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Powerful post! I can relate to soo much! You have to fight. Find ANY means that will work for you. In reality for me, the best part of the drinking was the first sip, the first hour. Looking at the bottle and knowing that I had enough to sustain me for the rest of the night. Waking up the next morning and as you I was frantically searching for the bottle I'd hidden somewhere. Was their anymore left? If so, I could drink it and go back to bed for a few hours.

The rest of the day was filled with self hatred, anxiety, shakes, sick, yada yada yada. If I took the good (or what I thought was the good) with the bad part of drinking I have literally lost days of my lifetime.

I am sorry you're here, you're not alone though.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes foreverfuzzy, you are not alone. I can feel the pain in your post from 2015 and again today. I really hope you can find the strength to change your life and take that leap of faith to do whatever it takes!
Old 11-09-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

FF, I am so sorry you are struggling right now.
If you have to wait for help, I don't know if I would stop cold turkey, are you able to go to the ER or able to have someone stay with you if you do? You should be monitored especially if this is not your first detox.
However, I would try to get yourself to a level of not blacking out if that's possible.
If your relationship with your husband were to break down, you'd want to be prepared and be present and aware as much as possible for yourself and for your kids.
You can do this! We are here for you.
Can you get in touch with someone from AA until the support worker gets in touch with you? And keep posting here and reading around.
You have lots of reasons why you keep drinking... you have even more reasons to quit. Don't stop trying.
You can do this.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing now FF? I think Del makes some good suggestions - if you need medical support seeing your Dr or the ER is a good start.

Plugging yourself back into SR daily is not a bad idea either?

D
Old 11-10-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, managed to drink a little less yesterday, am looking forward to getting a handle on this, it's exhausting...
Old 11-10-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes FF, it can be exhausting but only for a time...drinking is endlessly exhausting really. You can do this!
Old 11-10-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought any on a recovery plan FF?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html