Notices

I'm scared....nervous...excited....all of the above!

Old 11-23-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm scared....nervous...excited....all of the above!

Hi everyone!
I've come here seeking advice.....support....basically just want to know I'm not alone! I am attending AlAnon, but have not reached out to get a sponsor yet. My AH comes home from Rehab tomorrow. He put himself there 30 days ago. I am scared to death! Prior to him going, I was ready to leave him. My life had become unmanageable! We have been together for 24 years and married for 21. That's a lot of years to throw away, but I was done! How am I supposed to feel now? How am I supposed to get excited tomorrow when I see him? Yes I love him.....yes I missed him......but I also truly enjoyed the peace! So conflicted!!
in advance for any words of encouragement!

Last edited by IsLoveEnough; 11-23-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: delete thread....probably posted in wrong area....sorry
Old 11-23-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I've been looking at this post for awhile and not sure I should respond. But 10 years ago I was your husband and you were my wife of 22 years. The situation sounds exactly the same. I'm re-Married now, my wife wanted a divorce, and in hind sight it was the best thing for both of us. I hope your situation is different and I wish you and your husband the best. Sorry to be so glum but this felt like daja vu.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your honesty! I really do appreciate it! I really don't want a divorce. I just want my best friend back. BUT our whole life has revolved around alcohol. I was always a social drinker, could give or take it, and quit for good the first time he tried to stop drinking.....4 years ago. I don't even know what life would look like without it. I guess that's why I'm scared.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello islove and welcome! Our Friends and Family section has forums dedicated to folks in your same situation. Truly anyone can post here as it is for newcomers but you may get more responses there. Best wishes on doing what's best for you.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tried to delete, but didn't know how. :/
Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, IsLove. I'm so glad you wanted to talk about your situation.

I understand your feelings - many years ago my husband & I parted because of alcohol (not lack of love). However, he refused to see what it was doing to him and to our lives - never went to re-hab, just tried to cut down. As a result nothing changed. I hope your husband is determined to work on his sobriety and will rebuild your lives together and regain your trust. It's very hard to feel secure after going through what you have. Please keep posting and let us know how it's going - we care.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome IsLoveEnough