Notices

Lost and broken

Old 11-23-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can do this sorry soul... You are already doing it in a way by being honest with yourself first...& reaching out...👍🏻
Old 11-23-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was a single mom when I was going through this, so I understand the guilt. I thought my son should be enough reason to make me stop, but it wasn't. I needed professional help.
By government grants I mean that in my state, I was able to attend intensive outpatient for free because I was low income. The state run detox and rehab also would accept me for free, again because I was low income and had no insurance. Also, there were programs (can't remember if that was government or more like pharmaceutical company "coupons") to help with my prescriptions.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all again, I am going to do some research on finding a doctor and help I can get. I want to go to a meeting but am scared of going alone.. I have not yet heard back from my old friend unfortunately.
I am in the states... And a mother not a father... lol made me laugh.
Again thank you for all the wonderful advice and support
Old 11-23-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are welcome ss !!

☀️
Old 11-23-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So sorry ur going through this & at the moment ur clearly feeling very alone. I know its hard, but u r already taking steps forward in ur recovery. I may have missed it but what is ur addiction?? I tried to quit for several yrs. I managed 8 weeks last year & now im 6 wks in.....feeling more optimistic this time round.
In the meantime u just need to keep coming on here for support & advice. Talking to other addicts has made a huge difference as i didnt have anyone i coukd talk to. My fiance is great but he just doesn't 'get it'!!!
Stay close, keep smiling!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So sorry ur going through this & at the moment ur clearly feeling very alone. I know its hard, but u r already taking steps forward in ur recovery. I may have missed it but what is ur addiction?? I tried to quit for several yrs. I managed 8 weeks last year & now im 6 wks in.....feeling more optimistic this time round.
In the meantime u just need to keep coming on here for support & advice. Talking to other addicts has made a huge difference as i didnt have anyone i coukd talk to. My fiance is great but he just doesn't 'get it'!!!
Stay close, keep smiling!
Old 11-23-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Loulou,
My addiction is oxycodone and heroin unfortunately.

I heard back from my friend, I plan on going to the meeting she helps out with the next time I have a Wednesday might off, which is when they are held. But that isn't until December 9th... She mentioned something about not meeting this week but I think I need to do something sooner than that, but something to look forward to I suppose.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you heard back from your friend. I don't know why I thought you were a guy writing! Sorry about that, happy you got a laugh anyway
Old 11-24-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sorrysoul, I know its scary and you are feeling alone, but I would encourage you to go to an NA meeting in your area. Or even AA. Now. While you may think that "you are the only one", these meetings are filled with people JUST LIKE YOU and they want to help themselves and each other. It is a family you have yet to find. Trust me on this. If I had a nickel for everytime I have heard someone say "I felt such a relief to be understood "....

If it helps, recognize that your AV is trying to KEEP you from recovery and away from those who want nothing more than to help each other get well. Shove your AV out of the way and just find a meeting and go. You will feel better about yourself for making that move AND you will meet people who are grappling with the same stuff. Don't let fear or shame paralyze you.