Notices

Really fed up with my mood

Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberish View Post
I spoke with her earlier and she wasn't upset at all. She said she knows I have been very stressed and just left me alone to sort things out (as I had sort of implied). I apologized and explained that I really didn't want it to escalate the way it did, and that I was just feeling bad that particular day and wanted some space. I told her I didn't want to burden her with my feelings because she was going to be hanging out with some of her friends, but when she took it the wrong way I just kind of blew up and sent it in a bad direction.

I'm glad I called her and just put my stubborn ways aside. She gave me some good advice, I'm really thankful I have someone in my corner. I really need to ease up on her in the future. Letting my frustrations get directed her way is not right at all. It sort of makes me feel pathetic.
Well done - all we can do is try to put things right if / when we mess up.
It certainly doesn't sound like you were pathetic today - it's hard to give a sincere apology. And hard to take advice. You did both.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now
Old 11-17-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
No food to eat, no clean water to drink and living in vile exposure is having a bad day. I use to think it was when I forgot to charge my ipad and couldn't watch a movie on the plane.

Sobriety changes my perceptions, a lot. I find I am more grateful for things in life than ever before - it's these moments of grace when chained together add up to recovery(ing) and not simply undrunk.

I am grateful today I have no real problems.......just "Cadillac" problems.

Thanks for the reminder today I really need to hear it - you've just helped somebody you don't know, friend!

Glad you're here with us
Thats awesome- Cadillac problems. That made me laugh because in reality that is my extent of problems too. I wasnt in Paris when the terrorists attacked, I wasnt starving wondering where my next meal was coming from, Im not thirsty or drinking unsanitary water... Most of us live better than a good portion of the rest of the world.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am stubborn as well. But being stubborn doesnt get me anywhere. I sometimes feel people should just know what is wrong and I shouldnt have to tell them. Just try and keep a better outlook on life. Its hard, but it will help. Also if you are feeling depressed getting outside into the sun, or working out so that your heart rate gets up really helps out a poor mood.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I spoke with her earlier and she wasn't upset at all. She said she knows I have been very stressed and just left me alone to sort things out (as I had sort of implied). I apologized and explained that I really didn't want it to escalate the way it did, and that I was just feeling bad that particular day and wanted some space. I told her I didn't want to burden her with my feelings because she was going to be hanging out with some of her friends, but when she took it the wrong way I just kind of blew up and sent it in a bad direction.

I'm glad I called her and just put my stubborn ways aside. She gave me some good advice, I'm really thankful I have someone in my corner. I really need to ease up on her in the future. Letting my frustrations get directed her way is not right at all. It sort of makes me feel pathetic.
Soberish, if it makes you feel any better, I just sent an email at work to my wife. I let her know that I am trying very hard to cut down on my prescription pain medication each week and it leaves me in a bad mood and quiet sometimes. So if she can just put up with it and make sure we have some good food in the house, I should be fine. Hang in there, stay strong in your resolve.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lots of good advice and support in this thread...don't feel I have much to add...except that I struggle with getting up in the morning too! I don't feel fully functional until I've had 2-3 cups of coffee! Exercise is always a good option!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

There really is lots of great advice on this thread as teatreeoil has said.

I really like the idea of just accepting the bad days as Fly mentioned. I think yesterday was one of my worst days so far. I would rank it up there with some of my single digit days (im approaching 7 weeks sober now). I think the hardest part for my bad days are that they are immobilizing in the sense that I cant get anything done when I really need it done. I get why some people go to rehab and put everything on hold just get back on their feet . The real world is very hectic to keep up with during early sobriety. I am going to try even harder to just accept these days.

I am also going to aim at getting a workout in on most mornings. I'm going to add this to my toolbox. I have been working out mostly in the evening so I think this might be slightly better because my mornings really drag.

Today was a much better day. You all are fantastic in your support.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear it soberish

D
Old 11-21-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

There really is lots of great advice on this thread as teatreeoil has said.

I really like the idea of just accepting the bad days as Fly mentioned. I think yesterday was one of my worst days so far. I would rank it up there with some of my single digit days (im approaching 7 weeks sober now). I think the hardest part for my bad days are that they are immobilizing in the sense that I cant get anything done when I really need it done. I get why some people go to rehab and put everything on hold just get back on their feet . The real world is very hectic to keep up with during early sobriety. I am going to try even harder to just accept these days.

I am also going to aim at getting a workout in on most mornings. I'm going to add this to my toolbox. I have been working out mostly in the evening so I think this might be slightly better because my mornings really drag.

Today was a much better day. You all are fantastic in your support.
Used to be a frequent morning gym rat. It seemed to put me in a good frame of mind. ..: set the course for the day... Now I mainly workout in the afternoon outdoors if possible... And that helps me get through the evening dinner hour.