Notices

newby

Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SueOc View Post
Hi all

I am actually taken aback at how much support you all are giving me being a newby
I feel really lucky to have found this site/forum and its great to hear from everyone - I dont know why but wasnt expecting any messages just hoped really anyway day 5 tomorrow for me which is the longest I have gone without a drink for the last 10 years so am going to keep myself busy all day - thank you all once again for a very warm easy welcome xxx
SR has meant a great deal to a lot of us. You will see...once you get some time behind you...you will be so eager to reach out to new people. Such a help. Welcome, Sue. Come in from the cold, and enjoy the comraderie and support that is here and elsewhere!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi, Sue-

Welcome to SR; very glad to meet you! This site has been amazing support for me in sobriety. Congrats on Day 4!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Sue!!! Welcome to the SR family, this place is great!!! I'm not really experienced as im 1 month in tomo! I found the 1st couple of weeks hideous & i had to keep talking about my cravings to my partner (id hidden the severity of my drinking) i just tried to take my mind off it when i got the 'i need a drink' thoughts. I would take a bath or read a book or even go to the gym. I've just finished reading a book called 'Drinking-a love story' by Caroline Knapp.......worth a read, very identifiable & inspiring!!!! Look forward to seeing u on day 5!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I didnt sleep at all until this morning but did do the hypnosis from YouTube last night so managed to relax - I am a therapist myself unbelievable us therapists and people in the medical/caring profession can't follow our own advice always found that a bit of a mystery anyway apart from that DAY 5 and feeling great!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 5 Sue XO
Old 11-17-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks guys
I am gonna buy the Drinking a love story book today and start it tonight
thank you once again and I hope I can help others in some way in the future
got to work now but will be checking in all day xxx
Old 11-17-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Sue

D
Old 11-17-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hi All,
I hope your all having a happy sober day today guys ..........
Old 11-17-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

good morning everyone day 6 and got the shakes from all the coffee i have had this morning !!! got a busy day ahead and a meeting in a pub at 5.30pm will just have a coke and say am on antibiotics i think taking my 2nd antiabuse pill tonight. I was told many years ago i am codependant on hubby and i am he not being affectionate towards me at allwhich is or was upsetting but now i find myself just switching off from it as this battle with booze has to take priority - hope we can sort it out but unsure at the minute.....just want to get through the day really having a period doesnt really help matters but hey ho got to get past this - I am really appreciative and thankful for this forum where i can just be totaly honest even if i do come across a bit crazy ..... thankful for day 6 sober....i wish you all a successful sober day.... am tired but happy will check in through the day xxxxx
Old 11-17-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great on day 6 Sue
Old 11-18-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
i did a meeting tonight in a pub/restaurant and drank coke - 1 week tomorrow and using this site and reading all your posts / stories / experiences and motivation has really helped me get through my first week - Thank you all and sleep well night night all xxxxx
Old 11-18-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great job on your week of sobriety tomorrow; sleep well, Sue.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

1 week tomo, that's brilliant!!!!!x
Old 11-18-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Welcome, Sue! Congrats on 4 days. I'm on day 2 here for like the eleventy billionth time. Feel free to come join us in the November class if you'd like.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

hi dariam - i would but i dont know how too xx
Old 11-19-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Its amazing how you can start the day off so positive and end up in tears by 10am as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong..... is this normal part of recovery??
Old 11-19-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey, I was all other the place emotionally in very early recovery; I have been sober for nearly six months and still have issues dealing with stresses; it is normal. Your nervous system is still getting used to not having alcohol and will take a while to get used to this 'new' feeling. Life for me now is inexpressibly better. Wishing you the best today.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Here you go Sue

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-14.html
Old 11-20-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED
Hi guys,
christmas is coming and i have my polish friends all come to me and hubby like last year and i do all the cooking etc and last year involved a lot of drinking too.... same this year and had a cfrazy thought this morning that I could stop my antiabuse meds before hand then drink for that week then go back on them beg January.... after 1 week and 1 day I foolishly think i might have some control.... I think its my mind playing tricks on me tbh but wanted to know how to cope when everyone around me is drinking and i feel like i ll be missing out on something - wanted to address this now before the event or situation arises to see what you all think or what your experiences are - sorry to be a pain but its on my mind so I thought i would ask for help!! good to be sober on day 8 xx
Old 11-20-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
SR has meant a great deal to a lot of us. You will see...once you get some time behind you...you will be so eager to reach out to new people. Such a help. Welcome, Sue. Come in from the cold, and enjoy the comraderie and support that is here and elsewhere!
^^^^^What he/she said. 100%.