Notices

The host of a party knew and still asked me to sniff the cork

Old 11-16-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

The host of a party knew and still asked me to sniff the cork

last night was the party from hell it was my fiancé's friends it was just the four of us. My fiancé told them in advance that I was an alcoholic and to chill because they like to drink. Ido not have a problem being around alcohol. Good thing I asked if they cook with the alcohol because they did this they don't understand that you're not supposed to do that either really. But the hard part is he was into drinking and kept forgetting to pick the food I was there for over six hours listening to every bottle of stuff that he had and the description of it and how great it smelled and blah blah blah I was getting really pissed off but I can't my mouth shut until he stuck a cork under my nose and said smell this I went in the bathroom that my fiancé and we left.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't get upset. I've been through this situation alot of times even in my early recovery. People don't understand our situation and many will try to tempt you.it gets annoying but you did the right thing.
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I chose not to go to drinking situations. Let the drinkers drink. I've got better things to do with my time
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a douche! You did well. I guess you won't be going there again 😂
Old 11-16-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No. I won't. We were fortunately my fiancé said we're not going there for Christmas Eve he actually understood they got him drunk when we got home he started to hallucinate so I don't know what they put in his drink fortunately he's OK. The host was hopped up on Adderall. All I know is I'm grateful I have my sobriety and I was strong enough to put my foot down and tell him I was leaving.
If your newcomer and this happens to you leave! Don't worry about what people think about you.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The good thing about being the age I am is I don't have to do anything I'm really opposed to.

Sniffing corks would be in that bracket.

It's so asinine a request I can't believe someone asked you to really.

Then again, you've been sober for a little bit longer than me - I'm sure you know by now the weird and wacky things that can happen when people start to get drunk.

When I'm around drinkers, and that drunk level happens, I usually aim to time my exits about 10-15 mins before that

I wouldn't dwell on it at all - but I probably wouldn't go back at all, ever, with what you've written in your last post.

D
Old 11-16-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have found that people respect the fact I don't drink and leave it at that...especially my friends. They don't want me going bavk to that stuff. Just tell him "No"?. You don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh yeah I left and it p them off probably I don't care my sobriety is way more important than his cork!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The hardest part was not reacting and just leaving. The most recent discovery I've made since I've been on this is that I still have anger and temperament. I'm gonna try to really get over that I think I did well last night
Old 11-16-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Step12 View Post
Oh yeah I left and it p them off probably I don't care my sobriety is way more important than his cork!

Yes!

Delfin
Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

That's when you say, "It smells like Vaseline, what have you been doing with that?"

You'll never get asked to smell another one.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Time for some new friends Good people will support you, or at minimum be neutral. This person, with all his flaunting and taunting, could possibly be uncomfortable with his own relationship with booze. Those people, in my experience, are the ones that make a scene around people that don't drink.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
That's when you say, "It smells like Vaseline, what have you been doing with that?"

You'll never get asked to smell another one.

Awesome!