Notices

I can see clearly now weekender November 13 pt2

Old 11-16-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Nighty night folks!!! Dutchland comes early!!!

Good to see some old screen names stop by. People I hope are safe and sound in sober land.

K
Old 11-16-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm lying here remembering the things I did wrong at the interview today.
It was for a secretary position. I went in and the first thing I was handed was a dicta phone. I had to type the short letter. My mind went blank and I could hardly remember how to type, never mind type a letter. I have typed thousands of letters in my time. Then I was brought into another room for the actual interview.

Still, at least I've stopped being sick before interviews and that's a positive step.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I bet you did better than you realize Tetra...sleep well. Let tomorrow take care of itself, if you can. You are doing sooooo great. Pleasure reading your journey.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Another Monday. Another hated Monday. I hope I get past this loathing at some point. I have a terrible terrible terrible time with AV on Mondays. I feel like crap. Miserable. I do find it helpful to read the stories and state of mind of people even newer than me. I find it bracing, knowing I really don't ever want to be back there again.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I've lost my house keys.
Bother.

They were on their own ring attached to the ring of my car keys.
Now they are gone.
About a year ago I had thought to place a key in the wood pile. Thank goodness I was clever back then.

Monday done.
Storm of the Century on the way.
So they say.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ooh! Storm of the century! That sounds exciting. We are due for rain but I don't think it'll be the storm of the century.

Got home and have been listening to the kids fighting and whining. I think they save it all day just for me. Drives me nuts.

Tetra, you probably did better than you think. I hate that feeling though where something that is second nature is forgotten. There's a Spongebob episode where he forgets how to tie his shoes. He's too embarrassed to ask people at first.

Time to roll little people into the shower. Have fun in Dutchland Weas.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Yes, Monday done. I'm not too crazy about Mondays either.
I have a splitting headache tonight. Just took Tylenol and hopefully it will work soon.
I heard a mouse chewing inside the wall in my kitchen. Not sure what I can do about it. I banged on the wall and it stopped chewing. I'm not very happy about it.
Ok...gonna nurse this headache. ..
Old 11-16-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Holy buckets! Five pages worth of posts!

I'll just say THANKS to all.

And to Olive -- wow. Stay safe. I hadn't realized there was a big storm headed your way.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I found this online - I am not sure who wrote it but it really resonated with me...

Dear Younger Self,

I’m writing you this letter fully knowing that you’re going to think everything I’m about tell you is complete ******** because you are just a scared ******** ego-driven kid who is out to conquer the world.

First you should know that your plans to conquer the world are not going to happen. Fortunately some much better things are in store for you, but you’re too blinded by your own ambition to see that right now. Unfortunately your highly addictive, obsessive, and extreme personality is not going to go away. Fortunately, once you learn to harness it, it will lead you from a rather self destructive path to a highly productive one.

The die hard romantic in you will die. You’ll stop believing the love that you hear about in music lyrics, and the love you see in movie scenes. You’ll become cynical, jaded, convince yourself you’re in love, break two hearts and in the end find yourself in a place that’s rather empty. Fortunately, after all that you’ll have a wake up call and come to the profound realization that there is a MASSIVE difference between settling and settling down, only because on some level you you still believe in the crazy love of music lyrics and movie scenes.

Jobs will come and go, and your career is going to be a somewhat disastrous uphill battle. But in all this misfortune you’ll find some great fortune when you finally to start to realize it all happens the way it was supposed to. In many ways your life will be like the second wave in a set (you’ll only understand when you get there). Second waves in a set somehow are always a bigger more adventurous ride. Everybody goes for the first, and most of your friends will make it on the first wave. They’ll fall in love, get married and have kids before you do. But, just know that the second wave is grand and more often than not is a hell of a ride.

For the love of god, don’t make such a big deal out of small things. It’s going to be the cause of IBS, ADHD and uphill career battles. The traffic jams, telephone bills and people that get in your way are just a test of your patience and your ability to deal with them. Unfortunately you’ll fail this test over and over again. Fortunately, the failure will leave you with many valuable life lessons. Your greatest weaknesses will actually turn out to be your greatest strengths. I know it’s a tough one to swallow, but it’s only upon that realization I’ve been able to start turning things around.

Life will be nothing you like you had imagined. I’ll just say that it will be A THOUSAND TIMES better. It’s going to take a series of failures, 8 in particular for any of what I’m talking about to make sense and every one of them will make you feel like you’re continually on the verge impending doom.Life will continue to throw curve balls at you and to this day it still does. If I could tell you one thing it would be that life isn’t about what happens to you, but how you react to it all. I’d like to say “If I knew what I know now” when I was your age, but I wouldn’t know any of what I know now without having gone through everything above. So accept the journey as is and let it take its course.

Your Older Wiser Self
Old 11-16-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Suppose to be heavy rain and strong wind. But it is never as big as they say.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Don't scare me like that Olive. Every wind event means no power for at least a day where I live.

Prayers that it doesn't happen.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Bixbees))) I so hear you about loathing certain days. My day was Sunday. Someone suggested that I do something special for myself on Sundays...something to look forward to in order to replace that negative loathing feeling. And you know, it's working! I don't dread Sunday anymore! Anyway....Just wanted to pass that on

It's pouring here. I saw two wrecks on my home tonight. I'm glad to be home, warm and dry.....thank god for a garage to park in!!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
...holds the key

HAF, hope your head is better soon!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I've had better days than today. Nuffin' huge, or worth posting about. Alcohol wasn't involved.

This Story calibrates me on what constitutes a truly bad Day, and why we're all lucky to be here.

- Drunk Retired Army Colonel Fatally Runs Down CO State Trooper/New Mother -
Old 11-16-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mesa, thanks for putting it in perspective. I thank god every day that I didn't kill someone while I was drunk driving....many times blacked out.

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you
Old 11-16-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Tylenol works wonders. ...thank goodness!
Mesa....tomorrow will be better.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks, Brynn, very much. My Mondays are out of control. I am still working, with no end in sight tonight.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

BixBees, hang in there!

I completely pigged out on chocolate caramel popcorn and now freaking out about a possible migraine in my near future.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

or you could come here, melki, where I have a headache because of that storm of the century barometric thingy.

Barometric pressure migraine
Old 11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I had a wonderful day today. I'm full of hope, and reflection, and gratitude. I'm also a tiny bit happy ... and surprised.

My husband came to bring me lunch today, we sat and talked and inhaled our food, and he left me with a few words that brought a real smile to my face, and tears to my eyes (though he didn't see them), and I saw him in a way I haven't seen him since ... well, four years ago when we met. He brought me a sense of confidence, which is not something he usually does. I left feeling ... loved. Not from lip service, but from real caring and consideration.

I'm rather stunned.

Maybe he sees I am serious about improving my life (and our lives).
I can't tell you how happy this makes me to read this! Really rooting for you.

My husband and I have been through some terrible lows. We're plateauing now. I feel thankful and hopeful.