Notices

I can see clearly now weekender November 13 pt2

Old 11-16-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

well, victor mouse traps, always will be... I am reminded as a kiddie one xmas after a huge snow we had a house full, my dad would set a trap and before he park back in his chair they would be 'snapping' three at a time sometimes... I mean they was everywhere. xmas morning my little sister ran over one with her new trike...
it became a sort of game... just a side--- the big ones also work for chipmunks...

hope you are feeling better Verte...

Tetra, everything we eat becomes soup the minute it goes down the chute -- get a visual on that one...

Where did the expression 'soup sandwich' come from? I don't know, but they perfected the soup sandwich where I used to work...

It's in the 60s today with bright sun. Still thinking about outside xmas lights...

ah, yes, THEE breakfast of champions - also cures a headache, I've cured quite a few headaches over the years...

Old 11-16-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 14 of Gratitude Challenge:

Today, I would like to talk about how I’m grateful for courage. Not just my own courage, but the courage of people around me.

When I look back, I see a shy, quiet woman who was critically afraid. Afraid of failure, afraid of loneliness, afraid of rejection. And all these things held me back like an anchor holds a ship near a shoreline.
In my personal journey, I had to find the courage to take a risk to search for something more meaningful and satisfying. The jury is still out about whether I will achieve that on my current path, but I’m definitely much closer. Although my courage is small when I compare it to others, it’s larger than my courage used to be and that’s a great way to start.
My personal journey has also brought me in contact with many other courageous people. I’ve been fortunate to meet them and connect with them and I’m frequently amazed to hear their stories. They have lived amazing lives. Hearing their stories reminds me that nothing happens without taking that first step out the door and is that first step really so bad?
So if there is one lesson I can give to you it would be to stop letting fear keep you from living. Life will not always be easy and it will not always be kind but don’t run away for joy often lies just below the surface of uncomfortable.
As I continue to reflect on how being courageous has helped me in this past year, even though my courage was just a little voice, I become truly thankful for the people that must bring roaring courage to their jobs everyday. Fireman, policeman, doctors, social workers, and anyone else that continually aids in situations we would rather not hear about or wouldn’t want to be part of.
So that’s me. I’m grateful for finding courage inside myself and thankful for the people that helped fire it up inside me. I truly hope that you will find your courage for whatever it is you need it for, whether in your job or your personal life.
Words. Ideas. Actions. Change starts at your doorstep. We all have opportunities every single day. We are not powerless. We each have infinite chances within our lives to be a force for good. Don't know where to start? Start with the first person who crosses your path...Notice them. See them. Acknowledge them.

This picture was taken last night of NUI Galway's Quadrangle lit up in purple to signify the university's participation in the International Year of Light 2015. Light has been a symbol of education and hope since the beginning of time and it is hoped that this small tribute together with many others around the country and world will remind everybody that light always triumphs over darkness.
Attached Images
Old 11-16-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
pray for strength

On the subject of mouse poo...

I ran into the basement to grab the Kitchenaid mixer for making whipped cream. Ran upstairs, took the cover off and realized that in a span of a few months my mixer attachment had oxidized. The offending oxidizer could only have been the 3 little mouse poops at the bottom of the mixer bowl.

Those mice can do damage! I learned the hard way just how important it is to have a completely sealed basement perimeter. Foam works very well. It is amazing how much heat loss and $$ is saved as well.

International Year of Light - I like that, Tetra, and had no idea.

LBrain, thanks for the virus healing well wishes. As long as there are small kids in my house there will be an abundance of germs.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on everything Tetra your doing awesome
Old 11-16-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Speaking of soup, one we can all agree to take off the menu is LOUDMOUTH SOUP.

For me that was any hard liquor
Old 11-16-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

LOUDMOUTH SOUP
so funny.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
SoberPotamus - I had no idea of the big changes going on in your life. The first thing that comes to mind is to do everything you can to avoid the toxicity of the in-laws (carry over from last year's Holiday conversations).
Hi Verte I see you remembered.

Well, I did everything I could to avoid them alright, I haven't seen them since before I posted that last year! Talk about avoidance ...

Apparently, I'm good at it.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Words. Ideas. Actions. Change starts at your doorstep. We all have opportunities every single day. We are not powerless. We each have infinite chances within our lives to be a force for good. Don't know where to start? Start with the first person who crosses your path...Notice them. See them. Acknowledge them.
Really powerful, Tetra

Though we only know one another in cyberspace, I just want to say ... I'm really proud of you! You sound like a different woman these days.

Congrats on breezing through another interview.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I just looked up Synonyms For Alcohol. Some mighty interesting ones.

Although we're down on such, I won't link it in order to not torque any delicate Sensibilities.

In my THIRD attempt to apply for Social Security online in which I got all the Answers down - and entered at high speed - I'm told again that my 'Session Has Timed Out' right at the last of many Pages. Eff it. Down to the Big City it is for some painful Gumment Office Appt.

The Good News? The amount of Alcohol I now drink is identical to the amount of schitte I give about this ridiculousness:

Zero.

And, that's a great feeling!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I had a wonderful day today. I'm full of hope, and reflection, and gratitude. I'm also a tiny bit happy ... and surprised.

My husband came to bring me lunch today, we sat and talked and inhaled our food, and he left me with a few words that brought a real smile to my face, and tears to my eyes (though he didn't see them), and I saw him in a way I haven't seen him since ... well, four years ago when we met. He brought me a sense of confidence, which is not something he usually does. I left feeling ... loved. Not from lip service, but from real caring and consideration.

I'm rather stunned.

Maybe he sees I am serious about improving my life (and our lives).
Old 11-16-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I have no business buying an olive green cashmere sweater. Someone (anyone), please remind me of this. I need to pay off debt.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

'Logic is overrated' ~ Me
Old 11-16-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

well, I trimmed a tree and collected it all up and strapped it on the carrier. Head off to the local collection pile to be greeted by a ten foot tall fence stretched across the road with piles of mulch bunched up to prevent entrance around the perimeter and a sign that says, "This dump is closed on Thanksgiving"... Uh, no not that one, it said closed because a few -------s were illegal dumping. Open weekdays 7AM to 3PM only. I used to get po'd when I'd see the things people dumped. Construction materials etc. It's supposed to be yard clippings and brush only from the locals. So instead of getting mad about it like I used to do, I said, GOOD. Now I have a pile of stuff for another day.

Hey there is another post on the newcomers by PK 'Hello from the other side' - I think.
This is for PK who has 2 years! Way to go Bud.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That song takes me all the way back to high school (90's, but that song was played on the football field since the 80's!), Brain. We were the Tigers and that was our theme song
Old 11-16-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

SoberP - I think the only solution to your problem with the unnecessary purchase of an olive green cashmere sweater would be to find a mustard colored scarf and hat to go with it.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I love mustard yellow and olive green Eek. I'm backing away from the online sale right now ...
Old 11-16-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Some Hall & Oates from way back ...

Old 11-16-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Old 11-16-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Melki, omg!! Haha!!!

The music playing is perfect, lol.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Do your best