Notices

I can see clearly now weekender November 13 pt2

Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Oh, boy. I blame Olive for the last couple days of chaos. No power, no gas in my car, still had to go to the new job. Every time I'd get an hour into a training module on the computer at the store, the power would go out.
I am so sorry, Bim.
Didn't intend for it to get that out of hand.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Oh, boy. I blame Olive for the last couple days of chaos. No power, no gas in my car, still had to go to the new job. Every time I'd get an hour into a training module on the computer at the store, the power would go out and I'd have to restart. Training modules are by definition boring as Hello, and I had to keep doing them over and over like a bad groundhog day. The store of course lost all its refrigerated stuff, the staff is testy and my hiring manager is on the razor edge. Heh. There are other jobs. Right? I finally just clocked off tonight and told her afterwards. I still work there.

I'll try to catch up in the thread. Or not. I'm not that energetic. Atta boys and hugs for whoever might use one.
Oh man!
((((Hug))))
Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

HaF, I never read The Secret Garden. Maybe my daughter would like it. Right now we're kind of in between baby books and chapter books. Trying to find her tastes.
It was a real treat for my daughter and I. And very special and precious time . We read a few pages per night and read the whole book. We both looked forward to it almost every night. I read it out loud to her-its such a wonderful story. You would enjoy it too.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Caught up! I have no idea what I read, though.

Something about a late thread start. Crossbows and split posts, lime/lemonade, mouse, lenticular clouds, all kinds of food talk, um.

I didn't have power for 24 hours. I'm still debating what to do with my frozen/thawed/refrozen chicken, breakfast sausage, bacon and milk. I'll probably use them anyway. I thought I would lose my ish last night in the dark cold by myself. I lay in bed for 13 hours because it was warm there. Sometimes I wish I was married for when the power goes out a half dozen times a year. It's freaky. Especially when I couldn't buy gas anywhere so I was stuck here - along with tens of thousands of other people, but why are we all so isolated? There are four other single older women in my complex and we all stay to ourselves. I think I need to start calling.

I did break out my Coleman campstove for hot water this morning. That was kinda fun.

G'nite. I could use a reset.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I'm going for a reset. Bedtime.

Wimpy kids books are all over my house. My son is a huge fan. He recently devoured the latest.

See you all on the new thread tomorrow. Good night.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Close to 900 posts again this week

Biminiblue that sounds tough right at the start of a new job. 24 hours is not usually enough for everything in the freezer to defrost as long as it comes back on then. Are you in the middle of bad weather?

Hope your dad gets what treatment he needs Ruby

Hugs to Bimini and Ruby this morning
Old 11-19-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

CROSSBOW!

just practicing...
Old 11-19-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Bimini, glad to hear from you, bummer on the rough start. But just think - you will now get to appreciate the weekends so much more!

Ruby I am sending you a private message.

See you all on the other thread!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bimini, your frozen/refrozen stuff will be fine. Bacon is loaded with preservatives. You KNOW when milk is bad.

Yay on having a coleman stove to break out in emergency. I've got two of those, and an alcohol stove so I can cook multi course meals in extremis.