Notices

Week 2 - Had my first real craving

Old 11-13-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 2 - Had my first real craving

So it's been a little over a week into my sobriety and as the clock was winding down at work today towards the weekend I started thinking about... it. My mouth actually went dry and I think my teeth even started hurting. I was like I think I want some beer. Thought about it as I was driving for a few minutes. And then... I just didn't go to the store and went straight home. And my cravings are now gone.

Funny how my mouth was ready for that beer tho lol.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yukyuk View Post
So it's been a little over a week into my sobriety and as the clock was winding down at work today towards the weekend I started thinking about... it. My mouth actually went dry and I think my teeth even started hurting. I was like I think I want some beer. Thought about it as I was driving for a few minutes. And then... I just didn't go to the store and went straight home. And my cravings are now gone.

Funny how my mouth was ready for that beer tho lol.
My 1st day on this site, working on 3 days sober. That was my big problem, Beer. I know people think wha?! But if you're a big guy like me, and 12 16oz beers a day is your routine, and the routine lasts for years, then yes, its a problem. Hang tough yukyuk, maybe we come out the other side of this all better.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Friday nights were very difficult for me in early sobriety. I tried to have something planned that didn't involved alcohol every Friday night for the first 90 days. After about 90 days, the Friday night witching hour no longer bothered me.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a tough time today also. I was planning on working from 6pm-10:45pm but they called and said not to come in because they had too many on schedule. First thing that came to my mind was drinking, but then I just put on my music and got through it somehow.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm here with you guys. I was at Trader Joe's about 2 hours ago and strolled down the beer section. I hovered in front of the 24 ounce Belgian Ales. Luckily I made it out of there with only pizza and a salad. Now I'm partying on SR!
Old 11-13-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going YukYuk....you won't regret waking up tomorrow feeling fresh & ready to enjoy the day!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CurlyGirl1978 View Post
I had a tough time today also. I was planning on working from 6pm-10:45pm but they called and said not to come in because they had too many on schedule. First thing that came to my mind was drinking, but then I just put on my music and got through it somehow.
That's where my problems come in too. When I know I have a bunch of free time coming up. Once that initial wave of crave goes away it's all good though.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Great going YukYuk....you won't regret waking up tomorrow feeling fresh & ready to enjoy the day!
Yes YESSS!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yukyuk View Post
That's where my problems come in too. When I know I have a bunch of free time coming up. Once that initial wave of crave goes away it's all good though.
.....wave of crave

That hits the mark, lol
Old 11-14-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-14-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dang, I slept 8 hours easy last night but kind of made myself get up to go food shopping. Did that and came home, watched a movie and dozed off for 2 more hours. The job I have kind of forces you to catch up on sleep but if I were drinking I wouldn't be catching up on sleep, I'd be drinking until I passed out for a few hours.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting through the weekend!