Notices

Flashbacks?

Old 11-13-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flashbacks?

At almost 7 months sober, I sometimes feeling strong and disconcerting anxiety. Occasionally, out of the blue, I "flashback" during the day or in a night dream on something that "almost" went dangerously, shamefully, horribly wrong due to alcohol. The thoughts/dreams vary from accidents to ruined relationships to financial failure and my PTSD-like reactions last from minutes to hours.

These particular events and memories aren't real, but they could have been.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
At almost 7 months sober, I sometimes feeling strong and disconcerting anxiety. Occasionally, out of the blue, I "flashback" during the day or in a night dream on something that "almost" went dangerously, shamefully, horribly wrong due to alcohol. The thoughts/dreams vary from accidents to ruined relationships to financial failure and my PTSD-like reactions last from minutes to hours.

These particular events and memories aren't real, but they could have been.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else?
Yes JK. In my first year of marriage my wife woke me regularly because I was sobbing and/or crying uncontrollably. It was all due to my past. She also must have had some issues because she grind her teeth really bad. 12 years together and we now sleep quite well. But I will add that I recently had to liquidate my company and she has told me that she has had to wake me a few times because I was sobbing. The only thing I can think of is that reality is....reality.