SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Blisswithin's 21-day sobriety challenge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/379055-blisswithins-21-day-sobriety-challenge.html)

BlissWithin 11-11-2015 11:22 AM

Blisswithin's 21-day sobriety challenge

The purpose of this thread is to keep me accountable for the next 3 weeks. So, what's challenging about the next 21 days? My mother and brother are travelling overseas and I'm spending this time with my father and older brother who are heavy drinkers/alcoholics. I'm going to post everyday and end this thread on december 2nd when I will be 8 months sober. I really wanna make it through their whole trip.

Soberwolf 11-11-2015 11:46 AM

You can have a plan & youl be fine lean on us whenever you need stay strong Bless

SoberLeigh 11-11-2015 12:11 PM

Great job for starting this accountability thread, BlissWithin. You show great determination by planning ahead.

I truly believe that you will get through this period well.

Looking forward to congratulating you on eight months!!!!!

Dee74 11-11-2015 01:36 PM

You can do this BW :)

D

Anna 11-11-2015 01:46 PM

You have a good plan and it's smart to know that you will be prepared at a vulnerable time.

BlissWithin 11-12-2015 01:27 PM

Thanks for your replies Soberwolf, Soberleigh, Dee and Anna. :)

Day 1

Things have started really slow and easy, if every day could be like today then I'd have no worries. My mother has a very strong influence on everyone around the house, so I'm expecting some stress over the next few days without her presence. Also this is the first time I'm sober when one or both of my parents travel, so there's a novelty factor as I'm not drinking or smoking pot. I'm not craving or anything, I just wanted to skip the next 20 days, wake up and knew everything went fine. Gotta have patience.

Soberwolf 11-12-2015 01:42 PM

That's it Bliss you can actively work on your patience

Before I go into anything I do my best to remember patience

Do you read Bliss ?

Anna 11-12-2015 01:54 PM

BlissWithin, you will get through this and be so much stronger and more confident at the end of it.

BlissWithin 11-12-2015 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5641208)
That's it Bliss you can actively work on your patience

Before I go into anything I do my best to remember patience

Do you read Bliss ?

I don't read books much, but articles, news and magazines I tend to read a lot.

BlissWithin 11-13-2015 02:25 PM

Day 2

Another lazy day, now feeling less anxious about this trip thing, I dreamed I was drinking and after that I had another dream where I was smoking weed, those dreams are kinda normal, I may have them one or twice a week. There was on tv an episode of South Park about alcoholism, their view is that the desease model is wrong and that one should only discipline himself into moderation, my guess is that they make this argument just to make fun at AA and their spiritual approach. I liked in the end when the character says he doesnt need AA to be sober, and they could have finished the episode there, but then another character comes and suggests the moderation thing. I should have gone to the gym today but it is too hot. I guess that's it for today.

BlissWithin 11-14-2015 02:22 PM

Day 3

I spent most of the day by myself. Today was not an easy day. My AV was annoying and kept talking for a good 1 hour for me to get out and buy a 500ml bottle of vodka. After having lunch I felt much better (HALT anyone?) and after that I managed to get myself to the gym, so that's 3 times this week, not bad. My father came home pretty drunk and is now watching some old Elvis DVDs. I'm finishing watching some episodes of The Last Man on Earth I downloaded yesterday.

Soberwolf 11-14-2015 02:37 PM

Your doing great Bliss congrats on day 3 hope you enjoy last man on earth I've heard that's good

Sorry today was tough if you ever want to chat drop a pm whenever you want Bliss

BlissWithin 11-15-2015 01:10 PM

Thanks soberwolf. I'll remember that.

Day 4

After I wrote yesterday's entry my brother went to the supermarket, so I asked him to buy me a big bucket of ice cream, and that's what I have done most of the day today: eat a lot of ice cream, besides that I kept checking SR and other websites I usually visit. In a couple of minutes I will go to my uncle's house to help him with the computer.

CurlyGirl1978 11-15-2015 01:28 PM

That's good you're staying busy Bliss.

tufty13 11-15-2015 01:47 PM

Good luck BlissWithin, I hope it all goes well.

Anna 11-15-2015 01:51 PM

You're doing great. Just enjoy the day and focus on other things as much as possible. It sounds like you're eating well and exercising, so that should help you considerably.

lulukat 11-15-2015 02:33 PM

Congrats :You_Rock_Bliss!!! Having this plan in place is an awesome idea to keep succeeding in tackling whatever challenges you might face each day. Great reminder to all of us that if we use whatever tools we have -- online/face to face support, reading/meditation,etc. -- we can do this and begin to thrive in sobriety -- one day at a time. Hugs,

BlissWithin 11-16-2015 02:18 PM

Thanks people. Its good to have your support.

Day 5

So this is becoming more like a journal for me where I tell some details of my day. I'm not struggling at the moment, but updating this thread will keep me grounded for the rest of this 21 day period. I watched Pawn Stars, finished the ice cream I bought saturday, went to the gym, slept for about an hour, now I'm reading SR.

Soberwolf 11-16-2015 10:56 PM

Congrats on day 5

BlissWithin 11-17-2015 01:44 PM

Thanks soberwolf.

Day 6

I had a dream about marijuana today. It was more like a nightmare, glad it was not real. Today was pretty much like yesterday: I watched TV, talked to some girls on Tinder, cooked rice for lunch and went to the gym, let's see if I can make it 4 times this week, that would be nice, there are a lot of mosquitoes tonight, it's kinda hot. (Spring here in Brazil)