Notices

New Town same me

Old 11-11-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Town same me

Next week I move back to the place I consider home. I have been so excited because this is where I know things will be different. Or so I hope.

What I realized on the way to work this morning is I can move anywhere and it won't matter. It is still up to me to make the positive changes so I'm not isolated. I have to make the effort to get involved with life. Not half heartedly, but consistently and with sincere effort.

This has me a bit discouraged. It was silly but until yesterday I was so excited "because things were going to be different". Things won't be different if I don't work on making them different. Life isn't easy. Creating a new healthy life isn't easy when trying to be strong and sober.

So this brings me to a crossroad. Either let things stay as they have been and be lonely or make an effort to get involved. I chose to make it different and get involved. One day at a time.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

One thing I've learned is that wherever I go, I take myself with me. It doesn't matter much where I am; my life is determined by my choices and what changes I choose to make. If I want a different outcome, I need to do something different.

It sounds like you're on the right track now.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds great! And you don't have to do everything at once. I think if you find you choose one healthy activity, it will lead to more. I think the positive changes have a ripple effect. I hope your move goes well.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We remain who we are wherever we go, but moving to a new place can be like getting a fresh, new start. When you leave where you are at now for the last time you can visualize leaving behind whatever you don't want to take with you, and you can look forward to a new opportunity to build the life you want. What you do with it is up to you, but getting a "reset" is a great opportunity.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm excited for you Sinderos! I love new starts!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I couldn't agree more Sinderos. Nothing changes unless you take control and make the effort to change. An alcoholic can take his alcoholism all over the world. Whether it be in a dumpster in the alley or over serving himself on his own private jet on the way to his favorite $5,000 per night hotel (with full bar). Wish you the best.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wherever we go, there we are!!

but the good news is that we can choose to be who we want to be, no matter where we are!!

Old 11-11-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post Sinderos
Old 11-11-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Sinderos --

I understand it can be a little discouraging to look ahead and know there is much work to do, to change ones habits and take the big step of reaching out to others.

But it's really great that you can see so clearly what you need to do... That clarity can feel uncomfortable, but I think it means good changes are ahead for you. Bravo for the courage to change!
Old 11-11-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

While its true that our problems are internal, and each of us has work to do, a safe nurturing environment could only help Sinderos.

It's not a constant grind. Noone could or would stay sober if it was.
Don't let the AV play on those fears

Rooting for you

D