Notices

Struggling

Old 11-09-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

Hi all. So a bit of a test in early sobriety... as most u probably know i am a truck driver. Ive been on a kind of long trip and it just got longer. I will be stuck sitting with my thoughts gor the next 3 days in san antonio tx. I called AA central office and theres a few meetings around but not many. Sorta freaking a bit b/c mentally i have not been doing perticulary well. I feel pretty depressed about my life in general and sitting in this coffin for 3 days is gonna be very taxing.. thanks for reading
Old 11-09-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hey gonzo, 3 days in san Antonio does sound like hell. But you'll get thru it. Wasn't the Alamo there? Maybe you could go see that as something to do.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Will you be able to go to many of the meetings, even if there aren't that many? Way to reach out, both here and to AA. Sorry you're in such a frustrating spot right now.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, i think i will be able to go to a couple. I just havent been right, mentally, this has been a long trip and getting longer. Hopefully a meeting will help.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by gonzo51511 View Post
Hi all. So a bit of a test in early sobriety... as most u probably know i am a truck driver. Ive been on a kind of long trip and it just got longer. I will be stuck sitting with my thoughts gor the next 3 days in san antonio tx. I called AA central office and theres a few meetings around but not many. Sorta freaking a bit b/c mentally i have not been doing perticulary well. I feel pretty depressed about my life in general and sitting in this coffin for 3 days is gonna be very taxing.. thanks for reading
This is a sortable meeting list for San Antonio area - lists meeting starting at 6 am with last one at 8pm today. Over 75 meetings listed for Monday alone.

https://www.aasanantonio.org/meetings/list?day[0]=10&&&page=3

Maybe a lot are too far?? San Antonio is a big area - should be a lot of drunks! Find one other and a coffee pot.......

And of course keep posting here, you are not alone friend!
Old 11-09-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang out with us :-)
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thx f&b i was looking at that list too.. kinda confusing cuz they dont all say where the meeting is in the right column.. anyways, just ready to get back to my home group I n Chicagoland. . This road life is getting rough on sobriety.. it will be coming to an end soon though im thinking
Old 11-09-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Thx f&b i was looking at that list too.. kinda confusing cuz they dont all say where the meeting is in the right column.. anyways, just ready to get back to my home group I n Chicagoland. . This road life is getting rough on sobriety.. it will be coming to an end soon though im thinking
Clicking on the left brings up meeting place and link to a map! I too am from Chicago area. Moved to deep south many years ago, but will always be a Midwesterner at heart!!

https://www.aasanantonio.org/meeting...branch-group-1

Da Bears play tonight.........Always a good laugh!
Old 11-09-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Gonzo

I dunno San Antonio but there must be stuff to do?
If all else falls - SR is here, man

D
Old 11-09-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Clicking on the left brings up meeting place and link to a map! I too am from Chicago area. Moved to deep south many years ago, but will always be a Midwesterner at heart!!

https://www.aasanantonio.org/meeting...branch-group-1

Da Bears play tonight.........Always a good laugh!
For sure the bears are a laugh!! I havent payed much attention to that circus in years lol... and im always down to hang with my sr fam!! I found a meeting at 7 30 tonight at a church only a few miles away im gonna check out.. thanks all for your support
Old 11-09-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

For sure the bears are a laugh!! I havent payed much attention to that circus in years lol... and im always down to hang with my sr fam!! I found a meeting at 7 30 tonight at a church only a few miles away im gonna check out.. thanks all for your support

just wait til next year!!
Have a good meeting - I have a feeling something amazing will be revealed to you this evening........

peace
Old 11-09-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

just wait til next year!!
Have a good meeting - I have a feeling something amazing will be revealed to you this evening........

peace
I hope so fly, god i could use an uplift!! Recovery needs a kickstart again!! Thx again all, i will keep close
Old 11-09-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I hope so fly, god i could use an uplift!! Recovery needs a kickstart again!! Thx again all, i will keep close
I read today on a member old post - We all have pain. Pain is universal. Suffering is not - it's a choice.

I agree with this sentiment........

When I need a kick start I meditate on the universal truths in the prayer of St. Francis

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.

There's a saying in the rooms - if you want it out, shout it out - no one can read your mind. If you have something to say , say at the meeting and type it out here!!

This was / still is a hard lesson for some of us to learn........
Old 11-09-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I read today on a member old post - We all have pain. Pain is universal. Suffering is not - it's a choice.

I agree with this sentiment........

When I need a kick start I meditate on the universal truths in the prayer of St. Francis

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.

There's a saying in the rooms - if you want it out, shout it out - no one can read your mind. If you have something to say , say at the meeting and type it out here!!

This was / still is a hard lesson for some of us to learn........
Well said!! Just got back from the meeting.. feel much better and now im set for meetings for next few days im in this town!! And some unbelievably hot women!' Hey i know im recovering but im still human gonzo out......peace
Old 11-10-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Well said!! Just got back from the meeting.. feel much better and now im set for meetings for next few days im in this town!! And some unbelievably hot women!' Hey i know im recovering but im still human gonzo out......peace
Sound like a 6th step issue.........
Largest dating club on the planet.....shhhhhh
Old 11-10-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sound like a 6th step issue.........
Largest dating club on the planet.....shhhhhh
Right lol, im sitting there thinking, where are these girls at my home group.. hahaha
Old 11-10-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Never been to San Antone, but heard there's some good music...