Notices

Being an adult for the first time

Old 11-09-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being an adult for the first time

As an alcoholic I've dealt with problems by drinking them away and blaming everyone else for my problems, basically I've spend my life as a kid in a grown mans body.

Today I tried to change that, I called up people who I've wronged while drunk, some forgave me and some didn't, that's understandable. But it least they know I'm sorry.

I, like a lot of alcoholics, got myself into debt, so I called up those I owed money to and organised repayment plans. Turns out I'm in less financial trouble as I thought, as most were simply happy to get some assurance of money a month, even a small amount.

I also took a think about being a witness, it has undoubtably caused me a great deal of anxiety, but ultimately if it ends with a danger to society being unable to hurt people, it is my responsibility to ensure that happens. My pain is little compared to that of those who could be affected if this person is left to commit crimes.

Today was painful, but ultimately took me many steps further to living a full life.

Most importantly I ended today not needing alcohol for my problems, I dealt with them as a sober adult. Not everything is perfect, but one thing I can bank on is everything would be worse if I kept drinking.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I can identify with being a "man-child" at times. Many of us have stunted our emotional growth over the years with alcohol. It starts with the lessons of going to parties when we were young and drinking. The drinking becomes the precursor to any interaction with others......

Stop drinking, clean house and help others - this is how I choose to live today. Sound like you're on the same path, friend! We learn how to carry the message and not he mess. You did that today.

Thanks for the post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep on keeping on
Old 11-09-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go, Resetti. You took some big steps!
Old 11-09-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Excellent work--it isn't easy, but you are owning your stuff and that is fantastic
Old 11-09-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Those are some big steps Resetti - well done

I was a man child too - but I grew pretty quickly...and I like being an adult now

D