SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   76 days (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/378882-76-days.html)

weirdesttoner 11-09-2015 02:51 AM

76 days

Made it so far. Too many blue days. Maybe i'm not trying hard enough or maybe i'm just unlucky, but my life isn't changing in the direction I want.
Don't want or need a drink, but i'm tired of lack of results and good things in my life.
Maybe they are right, every recovery is harder than the one before it.
I remember last year I had PAWS symptoms, at around 30 days, at around 60, etc that lasted for about a week. Now I feel like i'm continuously in a post withdrawal phase..

Soberwolf 11-09-2015 03:11 AM

76 days is Awesome WS

Have you thought about taking up a hobby ?

I can only promise it will get better

Dee74 11-09-2015 03:38 AM

I think you need to have a little patience WS - 76 days is great but it may not be enough for any massive change to happen yet?

what kind of things do you want to happen?

D

weirdesttoner 11-09-2015 05:25 AM

Hi, soberwolf, hi dee.
I considered a hobby, but i'd rather use my spare time to learn new software for a better job.
And this is where i'm frustrated, I was jobless for a short while and an ex boss offered me my old job back. But it's little payed and I hate what I do.
I'm trying to get a good job, but in my domain there isn't much demand in my city.
And i'm still lonely, I seem to lost my ability to make new friends.

weirdesttoner 11-09-2015 05:27 AM

I-m not the kind who waits for good things to fall from the sky, I work for them, but the lack of any results drives me mad...

JD 11-09-2015 06:02 AM

I'm 20 days behind you so certainly don't have the answers, but I sometimes get frustrated too at how slowly things seem to change. But then I have to look at how few days that really is in the grand scheme of life. You're less than 3 months sober. Barring a catastrophe, nothing in life changes that fast. So hang in there and trust those who have years of sobriety in place when they say things will get better.

weirdesttoner 11-09-2015 09:39 AM

I know, i've been told before that I have no patience. But it's hard to have any when time is flying, I'm aproaching 30 without a job that can provide me a decent life and my parents are approaching retirement and I will have to support them, because the retirement funds will be very low.
And it's not like i'm trying this just for e months, I started basically last year. But i'll try to have more and see where that takes me, thanks for the advice!

Dee74 11-09-2015 01:43 PM

I think balance is important too.

A lot of us are 'all or nothing' kind of guys...but working all the time may not be the best approach - it's OK to give yourself a little down time :)

D

PurpleKnight 11-09-2015 01:53 PM

Day 76 is fantastic!! Keep it going!! :You_Rock_