Notices

Day 6 and this time this is the forever run

Old 11-08-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and this time this is the forever run

I haven't done six days in a couple months now. Last time I went to quit 100 days and try moderation. Obviously that failed but I couldn't stop anymore. It gripped me and I couldn't stop. I tried a couple times but failed every time to not pick. It took a very bad flu virus stop me and now I am in day six. I don't see myself being in the strong grip it had me in but I will be extra cautious first month.

It wasn't until right now I thought about this, but before now I have been thinking God was punishing me with a lot of pain and suffering, but I do remember praying to him to help me to stop. Maybe that is his way. I thought he was punishing because I promised to him I wouldn't drink anymore and I lied various time to him and others. I told my gf maybe God is saying to me: "F-you [GWTF], I gave you many opportunities but you lie. You had your chance but now your life is to end". Maybe it was bringing me to a point of death that I couldn't leave the house is that I appreciated life once again. The way I could be forced to stop and now I feel I am at the point I can take control. My theory.

Anyway, I am sober six days. My health feels at 80%.

I got this far Dee, looking to put much more since this is a forever run and not limited to 100 days anymore. Thanks for always doing your best to support me.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck GWTF congrats on 6 days
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi GTWF - 6 days is great and I'm glad you're looking at a permanent change.

I can remember thinking God was punishing me too - but now I look back and see I was punishing myself - IMO, God had nothing to do with it.

I feel I'm way more in step with the life and talents I've been given, if I stay sober.

I know you will too

D
Old 11-09-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 6 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!