Notices

Work Follies

Old 11-08-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Work Follies

In celebration of my finally going back to work and hoping I've learned my lesson over these 3 unemployed months, I'd like to start a thread to remind myself why sobriety is so important as an employee. I'll name my work folly, feel free to go next!

It was a Tuesday afternoon mid summer and I'd walked to the nearest store and bought a little something to get me through the day. After all, I'd worked on my attendance by sticking at work and keeping my customer service voice intact despite the sipping, or so I thought. It was cool having a work at home job, no one could see me. I'd have my cup to the side in case there was some kind of camera they didn't tell us about and I'd gotten through a few hours just fine. I finally made it to break time so this was gonna be a breeze. I saved lots of time during break and lunch because I never ate. Despite that, I was always back late (working from home mind you, smh) I try logging on and notice I have been locked out of the system. I email managers, no one wants to talk. I wait a week after that and was called and told I had a call where I sounded very unusual and lacked the friendly and upbeat tone I usually have. He says I also refused to transfer a customer to a supervisor when he asked. I asked in protest to hear the call but I knew what was up. I'd gotten through a year by the skin of my teeth and the gig was up. Time to reap what I'd sown.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy to hear that you are going back to work, CurlyGirl.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear you're going back -
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnMyWay7 View Post
Good to hear you're going back -
Well it's a totally different job outside of the house, I think outside works better for me, I can't work alone, I don't trust it anymore.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are back at work, best of luck I think you'll do fine