SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   So so very scared (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/378851-so-so-very-scared.html)

adelina123 11-08-2015 02:38 PM

So so very scared

Let's face it i can't do this any more.
Last night I drank I knew I shouldn't bur hey it was Saturday it seemed a reasonable excuse even though I'd promised myself I wasn't drinking no matter what!! So what's the excuse today? ? I don't have one just that I wanted to. Simple.
Or not so simple because with each glug I take I hate myself more.
I look at my little boy, so full of life and mischief and I know he deserves better than to have a mum like me.
Even as I drink i know it's wrong but I can't stop
I just want to be normal!!!!

learntofly 11-08-2015 02:51 PM

You can stop. Take it minute by minute if you have to. Dump the alcohol down the drain. You deserve a better life than the one you have been living. We've all been there! You can do it!

Dee74 11-08-2015 02:55 PM

Hi adelina :)

I made your post its own thread - you can get buried tagged onto the end of someone elses thread.

What have you tried in the past to help you stop? what's a reasonable option now?

Dr? seeing a counsellor? AA or some other group? inpatient or outpatient rehab?

D

CurlyGirl1978 11-08-2015 02:58 PM

adelina let's stop the cycle, you can do it! You know you can! It all just leads down the same dark and lonely path, Tell your AV it's over again! We can get through this!

Anna 11-08-2015 03:33 PM

Adelina, you can be normal, but you will never be able to a normal drinker.

You can do this for yourself and your child and be the person and the mum you want to be.

SoberLeigh 11-08-2015 03:34 PM

Yes, you can; you CAN do this adelina. There are many, many of us here who thought they couldn't do it but have.

Start by pouring out whatever is left. Drink lots of water.

Stay on-line; talk to us; we are listening.

Hevyn 11-08-2015 03:38 PM

It sounds like you're ready to kick that stuff to the curb, Adelina. We know you can. Life will be so much better when you are free.

resolute50 11-08-2015 04:04 PM

Don't be scared.
Learn from what tripped you up and move on.
And just keep at it. I know that you can do it.
Think about it. You're already rewiring your thought.
You came here to talk.:grouphug:

Saskia 11-08-2015 04:30 PM

Keep at it, Adelina! Nobody is hopeless. The cravings can be miserable but they can be overcome. Have you discussed your alcoholism with your doc? An addiction counselor?

Some of us need more than willpower and those of us that are in this category can either get additional help or keep on relapsing. You can do this! I'm one of those people who had a miserable time stopping and I needed loads of outside help.

Nonsensical 11-08-2015 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by adelina123 (Post 5635053)
So what's the excuse today? ? I don't have one just that I wanted to.

The really bad news is that you are going to want to drink tomorrow, too. It's called being addicted.

For more than 2 decades I mistakenly believed that when I was really ready to be sober the desire to drink would simply vanish. I thought I was going to wake up one morning and a lightening bolt would miracle my butt sober. It never happened.

You have to find a way to push through the feeling of wanting to drink. It will eventually relent, but it takes a long dang time (like 3 months).

You're going to feel like drinking tomorrow. What's your plan?

biminiblue 11-08-2015 04:48 PM

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

newpage119 11-08-2015 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 5635219)
The really bad news is that you are going to want to drink tomorrow, too. It's called being addicted.

For more than 2 decades I mistakenly believed that when I was really ready to be sober the desire to drink would simply vanish. I thought I was going to wake up one morning and a lightening bolt would miracle my butt sober. It never happened.

You have to find a way to push through the feeling of wanting to drink. It will eventually relent, but it takes a long dang time (like 3 months).

You're going to feel like drinking tomorrow. What's your plan?

WOW this is an awesome, honest, to the point post.
Read the message Nonsensical wrote, Adelina, and think about it. Let it sink in.... You absolutely CAN quit!

But you are going to have to put the effort in.....and sometimes is just isn't easy. But is it SO WORTH it!!

You deserve it and your little boy deserves it.....
Make sobriety your priority and you WILL be able to do it!:grouphug:

thomas11 11-08-2015 06:18 PM

If you are unable to accomplish it on your own, maybe rehabilitation is the way to go. As has been mentioned many times on this site, eventually we must break the cycle. That is the key. And it requires effort. Rooting for you Adelina. Break that cycle, you can do it.

Soberwolf 11-09-2015 12:15 AM

Adelina trust me by stopping drinking your life will get better you have my word on that :hug:

Get plan building I want to see Adelina 2.0 you can do this take alcohol off the menu & no matter what happens do not drink

We'll be here supporting or waiting whatever you choose to do

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html

adelina123 11-09-2015 03:51 AM

thank you for your kind messages everyone.... the sad thing is I dint remember writing this post last night, after all it was after near on two bottles of wine!! just shows though that even when drunk I hated the fact I was drinking!!
I WILL NOT BE DRINKING TODAY!!

Meraviglioso 11-09-2015 03:57 AM

YOu can do this adelina. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. Just don't pick up that first drink.

Soberwolf 11-09-2015 04:14 AM

Rootin for you all the way Adelina :hug:

newpage119 11-09-2015 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by adelina123 (Post 5635713)
thank you for your kind messages everyone.... the sad thing is I dint remember writing this post last night, after all it was after near on two bottles of wine!! just shows though that even when drunk I hated the fact I was drinking!!
I WILL NOT BE DRINKING TODAY!!

Good for you Adelina! Stay strong! :c011: Lean on this site for help. There is a lot of combined wisdom and experience here......

AND one good benefit of getting sober, you will remember everything you do! :)

adelina123 11-09-2015 05:00 AM

Thank you again everyone I feel VERY determined today!!!

Bellamiaa 11-09-2015 05:09 AM

If that determination fades come here and post BEFORE you buy alcohol. Someone will be here to talk to you. Good luck and check in later! :)