Notices

Friday night!

Old 11-06-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night!

Who's here creeping the forums with me instead of finding a way to hide from sobriety? Members and non-members alike? I looked at some of the forums I was responding on and noticed that I pretty much blew them up lol

If you aren't a member it's a great time to sign up and get some support, suggestions, feedback, answers to questions, and just advice from people who have been there, know what it's like, know what you're going through, know how to get on the other side of it. Now is a great time to make that first step and start on your adventure to recovery (with plenty of great folks to offer a hand up if you start feeling down)
Old 11-06-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ha Ha! I blew them up too! What a wonderful Friday night and a great time to start on some sobriety!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Right?

I told myself I was going to clean my house but I managed to pick up a couple of socks lol - did not realize how much time had gotten away from me reading through these posts
Old 11-06-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is my place to be on a Friday night too, Kallistia! Better than my old go-to Friday night place, my closet (where I hid my beer or bottle of wine) because I didn't want my daughter or my mom to see my drinks. Pathetic, huh?
Yeah, this is a much better place to be!

Delfin
Old 11-06-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very nice post, Kallistia.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kallistia View Post
I told myself I was going to clean my house but I managed to pick up a couple of socks lol - did not realize how much time had gotten away from me reading through these posts
Ditto, that's so me. Seriously. You made me LOL right now.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I guess I'll come out from the shadows. I was pretty tempted to drink tonight, so I decided to come on here instead.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me too, Frank. I love SR, especially on nights like this. Enjoying some cookies and tea and giggling at posts. It's nice
Old 11-06-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Y'all stay here and hang with the cool crowd

And no I don't think that is pathetic D - rational behavior and alcoholism do not go hand in hand.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, I've got a snack cake and some ice water. (Oh how I've missed sweets!) I think I'm gonna eat another small meal, since from last Friday until yesterday, I've only consumed maybe 200 calories in real food each of those days.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I got onto this thread because I thought you gals were serving booze in here. What the heck? Lol. just a little Friday night humor.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ha Ha Ha!
Old 11-06-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frank14 View Post
I got onto this thread because I thought you gals were serving booze in here. What the heck? Lol. just a little Friday night humor.
Made me think of apples...i was drinking apple martinis the same night I came down with the norovirus...never in my life have I been able to tolerate Apple scented things since then. The bf got some apple scented dish soap and I thought I was going to toss my cookies on his kitchen floor...ten years later. Why this made me think of apples I haven't the foggiest idea.

Nooo booze, especially not the apple kind!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's Saturday morning here now But last night I had a great night. After dinner I gave my sons a bath and then we all got into our pajamas, made popcorn- they had so much fun listening to the corn pop in the pot!- then made a pillow fort on the floor and watched the Lego movie all snuggled together. The movie was actually quite funny for adults too! It felt so good to just be there with them, clear headed. After the movie we made hot chocolate and then to bed. It was a nice night!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
It's Saturday morning here now But last night I had a great night. After dinner I gave my sons a bath and then we all got into our pajamas, made popcorn- they had so much fun listening to the corn pop in the pot!- then made a pillow fort on the floor and watched the Lego movie all snuggled together. The movie was actually quite funny for adults too! It felt so good to just be there with them, clear headed. After the movie we made hot chocolate and then to bed. It was a nice night!
Hopefully we all had a great sober night, and this Saturday morning feels great. Last night I had chocolate milk and helped my 12 year old son sort through his Halloween candy bag finally. This was after watching "Little House Hunters" on HGTV with my 9 year old daughter. These activities beat getting s-faced drunk any day!