Notices

Well That's Different

Old 11-08-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
It is really awakening again to the full panoply of your personality and your life. You are in exciting times, Tufty! Thanks for sharing with your fellow changelings here!
Thank you

I did just have to google "panoply" though. Good word!

I love words, one of my favourites is "psithurism".
Old 11-08-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Thank you

I did just have to google "panoply" though. Good word!

I love words, one of my favourites is "psithurism".
I had to go and check your cool word out psithurism I like that now the sound of wind through the trees that's cool
Old 11-08-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lol, gosh I hope I used my big word right! Yours is a masterpiece, though...yes, the sound wind rustling through leaves.
In Urban Dictionary I found this quote using it metaphorically:
" I love you too mother and family is a psithurism felt over time."
Old 11-12-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I went to watch some live music last night, a reasonably regular thing for me on a Wednesday.

I spent £1.20 on two pints of lime and soda rather than £14.00 on four pints of beer.

That's different!

When I woke up this morning at about 6.00am I was so tired that for a split second I forgot I was off the booze; oh the joy when I realised I was just sleepy and not sloshed. That was a lovely moment.

My feet don't stink the bedroom out anymore (sorry ladies, I know that's not a nice thing to read), it must have been the toxins pouring from my pores that were perpetuating an unpalatable pong.

Now that's different and most agreeable.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

wow... this is great!!

oh... and "hope" isn't what's going to make it stick. Action is.

Choice.

And action.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing the great and small good results, Tufty...lovely to read.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Another day done and another day without drinking. One small step for man, one giant leap for Tufty.

I've been decorating my basement all day, it's been so long since I've felt up to doing all the jobs around the house that need doing - so that's different.

What a pleasure it is to paint with a hand that isn't shaking, my cutting-in almost looks professional. That's different.

Small victories!

I'm full of gratitude for everyone here. This place is amazing.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congrats and Thank you for your posts. What an inspiring reminder of all the 'small victories' that we get back when we stop drinking. And aren't all of those the best part of our lives?? Connecting with those we love and enjoying life on life's terms??? I've had the pleasure of going to visit my stepsons who now live in different states and being able to be 'present' and enjoy all the conversations we had. The last five or more years that was certainly not true especially during holidays. Hugs,
Old 11-16-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Putting the recycling out this morning and not having to try and hide the amount of empty wine bottles. No longer fearful of what the neighbours might think if they see just how many there are lurking below the paper & cardboard.

Now that's very different!
Old 11-16-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

I loved that too congrats Tufty
Old 11-16-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations tufty on your sober time. It certainly does keep getting better!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Drunken Simon = no motivation, worrying about the future, low self esteem, depressed and racked with anxiety, self doubt and negative self talk.

Sober Simon = motivated, being present, free and hopeful.

I've just signed up for a TEFAL course (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), which will give me future options to travel abroad and still earn a bit of money.

I would NEVER have done this whilst looking at life through the bottom of a wine bottle, so THAT'S DIFFERENT.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I love reading about your progress tufty
Your daily victories are truly adding up to peace and joy.

This is a great thread

Happy Sobriety!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I agree Tufty, what an inspiring thread! To read the joy that you are taking in all the little things of life is so very heartwarming! I do agree to replace the word "hope" with "will" and all WILL be well!!

Keep at it my friend, we are with you all the way!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yes, post some more Tufty! This thread is working for me too.
Shopping in the supermarket without worrying who you'll bump into cos your ashamed of how much alcohol is in your trolley. Now that's different!
x
Old 11-20-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your kind words and general encouragement.

Please don't be in any doubt of how motivating they are. I'm as certain as I can be that I would never have got this far without the lovely folk on SR.

I'm turning in now, and tomorrow I will be up at 6.00 am and "on-it", just as I have been every morning since regaining my enthusiasm for living.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Smile

A friend I haven't seen for a couple of weeks called in today.

She doesn't know I've quit the booze, she said I looked really healthy.
"Effervescent" was one word she used to describe me. I'll take that!

No more bags under bloodshot eyes and no more blotchy skin.

So that's different.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I've just come home from a really tough day at work, meetings, presenting, people wanting lots of attention, I'm worn out. I did not head straight for the fridge when I walked through the door, now that's different!
My daughter has called and wants a lift back from work late tonight, I'm not too happy because I'm tired, but at least I can do it and get her safe home. Now that's different!
Have a good night all
xx
Old 11-25-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome reading that Tufty

Effervescent
Old 11-26-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This is a wonderful thread, Tufty. Fantastic to watch your life transforming on a daily basis. And it does keep getting better. I just passed 6 months and was doing a bit of taking stock. My relationship with my two girls has transformed. Even when I wasn't drinking or hungover, I was much more isolated, didn't really engage fully with my life. With those around me. The things they do and say make me laugh now, rather than my just smiling and nodding because that's what I'm supposed to do.

I'm also doing a course now and exploring a second career, as I start to get a better sense of who I really am and what I want out of life.

As others have said, you don't have to hope this sticks. It's entirely in your hands. You won't drink again if you decide never to drink again. Just stay aware that your AV will try and catch you out sometimes. From reading on these forums variations of "it's okay to drink in moderation now, you've proved you don't have a problem" is probably the most dangerous one. But the only person who can actually buy that alcohol, put it in a glass and drink it is you. It's completely in your control. And any time you feel you're struggling you know you have a lot of people on here rooting for you and wanting to help any way we can.