Notices

Today is a Struggle

Old 11-06-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
NeoNew, you can get through this. Changing daily routines and patterns really helped me in the early days just to get through the really tough times of day.
Thanks Anna I have not done much today but I am exhausted from the fight that as been going on in my head..I think an early night is in order..
Old 11-06-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Kids and Beans... we all have that .. yesterday was terrible.. we have had to declare bankruptcy... and how I give all of my life in paper to a lawyer... drink.. people I stood and in my little maids kitchen looked at that bottle of captain morgan for a long time. and cried.. didn't do it.. not proud of myself one way or the other. just glad I did not reach that level of side... did sleep well when I slept. feel our cat Madison came back to help his Lady once again... dreamed of the kittens Mrs Tilly had had and the fun they were... so .. here's the deal.. if this old lady of so little can do this. so can you. reach in get Tough be the Marine inside of you for they walk thro fire and on to the next day. love to all a Blue Star Mom. oooooaaarrrhhh Army Strong Marine Tough.. love ardy...
Old 11-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well thanks everyone for getting me through today, gonna chill for the evening now and hopefully tomorrow wont be as tough
Old 11-06-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Neo btw I went to Pat Bonner's testimonial at Celtic Pk when I was a kid
Old 11-06-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Good stuff Neo btw I went to Pat Bonner's testimonial at Celtic Pk when I was a kid
Nice one SoberWolf its not a bad country and I hope you where made feel welcome..
Old 11-06-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It will get better NeoNew, there is light at the end of the tunnel and pushing through to that day is the way forward.

Don't throw away your 1 Week, alcohol is not worth it!!
Old 11-06-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
It will get better NeoNew, there is light at the end of the tunnel and pushing through to that day is the way forward.

Don't throw away your 1 Week, alcohol is not worth it!!
I wont Purpleknight Thank you
Old 11-06-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope so all my blood is Scottish just brought up in England it was a great game
Old 11-06-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You're doing great NeoN. The first week is always extremely tough and a constant battle. I remember just wanting to not get off of the couch that entire week.

The good news is it does get easier and you will be so happy that your life is no longer dictated by alcohol.

Hang in there and lean on us as much as you need!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
You're doing great NeoN. The first week is always extremely tough and a constant battle. I remember just wanting to not get off of the couch that entire week.

The good news is it does get easier and you will be so happy that your life is no longer dictated by alcohol.

Hang in there and lean on us as much as you need!
Thank you ccam I am trying not to think about the coming weeks to much as it is freaking me out a bit...
Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeoNew View Post
I know what you mean the reality of it is that I will be sick in bed tomorrow thats if I stop then. But something also tells me a big lie that it will be great fun going out to drink lol crazy way of thinking..
That thought right there is the one that should stay at the forefront. Alcohol is instant gratification, with consequences. You can do it. You want to drink, you certainly don't have to, correct?
Old 11-06-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zeekie View Post
I have been posting on this site like a crazy person this time around. It seems like putting my thoughts on here they might transfer out of my head.
If it means posting on your thread every hour then so be it.
When I have these thoughts I try and think that somewhere out there is another person fighting this urge and they're winning!
7 days is incredible. I am only on day 3 so my battle is young but we all start somewhere. You'll regret a drink after that first sip so hang in there and Monday you will be 10 days sober!!!! Yay you!
I agree and relate...you are by no means the only crazy poster!! Right with you!!
Old 11-06-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

NeoNew...hang in here with us. Great words above and I thank you for posting--helps me, too.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks guys you have all been great I will be posting here before I pick a drink up you all have been amazing...thank you so much
Old 11-07-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Nobody posts crazier things than me.....sometimes I really get going....that just the way I am...I've never followed the heard. Don't apologize for being yourself. Ever.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-07-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Feeling more positive today thank god even though I feel like I did 10 rounds with Tyson lol... Best Wishes to You All...
Old 11-07-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Neo