Notices

SteveP's Sober Blog

Old 01-09-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Steve, I too was on my third week, when I cracked over the Xmas period with family around, which resulted in a week-long binge. I'm back at the start now, luckily the WD hasn't been as bad as it often is, and am trying to draw motivation and inspiration from everything - including your blog, so thanks, and keep up the good work!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Sebastian. I think that is key, making a conscious effort to look for inspiration not to drink rather than think we have lost something. Thanks for reminding me of this. Onwards we go my friend. Alcohol free !!!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Don't really know what day it is, I'm not sure the day counting thing is helpful. 17 I think. Yesterday was tough, very little sleep. If Max (6 months old) sleeps well then I do and the day's are easier. He slept well last night and I feel ok this morning. Just been on a long walk with him in his pram which helps, him and me.
Quite irritable at times more so than when drinking. And it is sort of ironic that sober one is more irritable but because you are sober you are less likely to vent your irritation. And rightly so !
Not really thinking about drinking too much. I read somewhere that thinking about it and letting the thoughts fester are the beginning of a relapse. So when I do get a thought now I do something to distract myself if it doesn't go on its own., which seems to be working.
Time on my hands is the thing I notice, and not being satisfied doing the mundane things my alcohol addled brain was previously happy doing. I am exercising more and writing lyrics but it doesn't seem quiet enough ?
Anyway thanks for your support.