Notices

SteveP's Sober Blog

Old 11-10-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Look at that link I posted before Steve congrats on day 37

It's where you wrote there isn't enough in my life without alcohol that's pure AV think about it I'm not being rude

What can alcohol possibly enhance in your life its a illusion

Think of it like the Morpheus & Neo red pill blue pill scene from the matrix

I sound a bit bonkers but I hope you know what I mean
Old 11-10-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. And yeah you're right soberwolf, AV talking very loud ! Just tough today and I've got Friday looming over me.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well that didn't go as planned. Or did it ? Was planning to go out and not drink, sort of gave up and ended up drinking again for 6 weeks. Ended up very drunk at xmas in a stupid argument with my wife.
So I'm back on day 4.
I know now that I can't put myself in a situation where others are drinking for quite some time, until I am stronger.
I am going to go to the doctor to try and get some counselling as when I did start again it was because I couldn't handle myself sober.
I am going to start writing lyrics again as the group I write for has a new album of melodies ready to go.
I am going to continue visiting this site every day.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello Steve. Welcome back! I'm new, and I'm on day 4 as well.

Writing lyrics sounds lovely. I like to write music, myself, but I'm not good with the lyrics part.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks WhenInDoubt. Yeah I did 6 weeks ok then cracked. Need to do something different this time. The writing is good for me. And I get paid for it !
Old 12-30-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Old 12-31-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

DAY 5. How do I feel today ? Tired and stressed. My wife is away for another 4 days so it's just me and Max who is 5 months old. He didn't sleep too well last night so neither did I. He's also got a slight cold so is wheezy and grisly. Been to the DR so that's covered. I don't want to drink. I know it won't help and would in fact only make things worse. I feel quite resentful towards my wife for leaving me here alone, it's something she didn't have to do. But she wanted to do it so am I being unfair ? I don't know. I won't say anything. I would if I was drunk ! So today I will be looking after Max and trying to squeeze in cooking myself some nice food and watching a few films. Oh and spending plenty of time on here. Thanks for reading and your support.: grouphug:
Old 12-31-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 5 Steve
Old 12-31-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf. Been here before. Going to put myself and my recovery first this time.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

DAY 6.
Was in bed by 10 and asleep by midnight. Did I miss much ? No, because sleep is what I needed. Woke up today feeling a lot brighter. It's just me and the baby here which is tiring. It's hard to work out what is not drinking and what is tiredness and stress from looking after him.
New year new me. No ! New year the old me. The me I was 25 years ago before I started drinking is what I want. The mind is cunning and I'm not quite sure what I was like, but I know I wasn't in the position I'm in now, having to make a big life change to keep my sanity. Or to be more honest, to get myself out of the drudge that is my current situation. I don't know that things will get better if I stop drinking, but everyone on here says they will and that is good enough for me.
As I've said just me and Max today, he's 5 months old. So I will be keeping him entertained and eating and listening to music, might watch a film or 2.
Happy New Year to you all and thx for the support.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well it's 2 weeks since Christmas day when I had my last ever drink. Not really had many urges to drink. And I know that when I slipped before Christmas after 6 weeks sober I let myself be terribly romanced by my AV. Looking back I can see that I was giving myself permission and making excuses to drink for several days. Also I agreed to go out when I didn't really feel I was strong enough.
At the moment I feel ok. I'm tired quite a bit and not always getting great nights sleep due to the new baby.
I sort of feel I'm playing a waiting game until I have reached the 6 week mark I achieved before Christmas. Is this normal ? Does it matter as long as I don't drink ?
My plan ? I try to come on here everyday; I exercise most days. I try to cook and eat healthily. I get to bed at an early hour and don't fall asleep on the sofa AKA my wife. I am writing again. My target is 3 song lyrics every week and finishing a short story I have in my head.
Thank you all for your support.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I've read your blog Steve you're doing really well, I know how hard it is being home with a young baby.... keep it up
Old 01-08-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing excellent Steve
Old 01-08-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Sounds great, Steve!

Yes, I recall counting time wanting to 'make it' to my previous sober times (I think my most before this time was 2 weeks). I also remember mentioning to others here that days were creeping along....I think I was waiting to hit early milestones. I can't explain why, honestly. But I can say, that feeling evolves, as you start filling your time with real living rather than thinking, planning, and recovering life around drink every day. It gets better!

Keep it up
Old 01-08-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Dharma. I appreciate your support.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

DAY 15
Well I woke up feeling very awake this morning after a good nights sleep.
After 2 weeks off I can feel myself calming in my action and in my interactions with others. A little peace in my heart. It's a start, a good start.
Wrote a song lyric yesterday. Tried to start on the short story that I have in my mind but it didn't happen. I felt bad about my inability to get anything worthwhile down on paper for several hours. But eventually realised that maybe I was expecting too much and to get some song lyrics done at this point is enough. Take it easy on myself I guess.
I keep wondering what is different this time from the 6 weeks I did sober before xmas ? Have I got to the point at which I will never drink again. I think so. I don't think anyone can say say that with 100% certainty, life isn't like that. I know what happened before xmas. I felt bad for a few days then over the coarse of the few days I gave myself permission to drink. Looking back I can see how my mind was working. How do I stop that happening again. Reach out more. Communicate, something I'm not always great at. I think I have learned that it will/may happen and I need to want sobriety enough to ride it out. I do.
Anyway today for me has in store, coffee, shopping, music, a little workout, time on here and plenty of herbal tea.
Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober since 1st January 2016

Originally Posted by stevepearce View Post
Thanks WhenInDoubt. Yeah I did 6 weeks ok then cracked. Need to do something different this time. The writing is good for me. And I get paid for it !
I done exactly the same mate. I had five weeks off then cracked at the end of October... One big binge until NYE.

9 days now...

It shows we can do it, just NEVER let your guard down!!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Yeah so easily done. I think I've learned from it and am in for the long run this time. Stay strong fella.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

The songs will come back Steve, trust me...give your brain a little time

congrats on day 15