Notices

Still Drinking

Old 11-03-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hey there Belljar...

I get it.

I went for a long, long time on the waffling. The better part of 20 years it was obvious I had problems with alcohol. It's only been the past 3 years I've been willing to consider that I may be alcoholic.

Heck... I still don't like that term, even though I own it and accept it in AA and here and with friends in recovery. But I finally got past too much concern over that title... because I FINALLY decided I didn't want to suffer anymore. I didn't want to waste anymore of my life or risk any further depths.

Once I decided that, and really started legitimately working on sobriety - I discovered something more. Not only did I want to avoid all the further suffering and consequences but more importantly, I wanted to GAIN a lot of wonderful things. I wanted to LIVE. I wanted what was left of my life to be rich and present and abundant and beautiful..... and guess what? It's already happening.

Not sure if you saw this other thread of mine, but your post made me feel like sharing it with you.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...dont-have.html
Old 11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

For me when I knew alcohol was causing problems in my life, that I was concerned enough to seek out some help regardless of what I called it, I still needed to make some changes in my life!!

Alcoholic, problem drinker, binge drinker, what does it matter?

I sought out SR once upon a time, and i already knew the issue, and I already knew the solution, even if I didn't want to accept it at the time, but regardless of the label the way forward was the same.

Stick with us BellJar, there is decades of Sober wisdom right here on this Forum, and someone once told me to give Sobriety a chance, what did I have to loose, and they were right!!

You can do this!!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.