Notices

Break Free Sober Weekender Thread Oct 30th pt 2

Old 11-03-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
...holds the key

The empathy, support, and wisdom in this group is awesome! I'm saving some of these posts and adding them to an ever growing compilation I've saved from SR over this past year.

It feels good to know you got through a rough day doesn't it, Bixbees?!

Insomnia people, I feel your pain! Ugh! I finally had a good nights sleep and it just makes everything better.

Off to chiro this morning.

Make it a good day y'all!
Xo
Old 11-03-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
bixbee. ..I'm glad you made it through. Image how horrible you would be feeling this morning if you hadn't. There's a lot of emotional growth going on in sobriety. It's tough, but important.
I'm drinking coffee. ..my problem wasn't insomnia, it was a barking dog. The dummy woke me up several times.
regardless, I'm going for a hike this morning. I love this time of year and intend to enjoy it when I can.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

hello weekers.

I see Bixbees got through a rough time with thanks to you all.
Excellent.
I was beat yesterday. Now I have to spend the day cleaning up, laundry, floors, go through a week of mail etc.
And I have to return the brand new camera that was dropped and broken. I had to comfort her a few times, she was so upset over breaking her gift. It lasted 24 hours before it met it's fate on a rocky overlook. But they advertise it as being able to be dropped from 2 meters. Maybe it hit the rock 'just right'. Screen cracked and display is... something other than expected. It looks like a DNA profile or something across the top with a small section of what may be a photo on a portion of the bottom. Yeah, she cried over it again last night. I was more worried about her being upset than the stupid camera.
Well I gotta start warshing clothes.

Enjoy the day.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Bummer on the new camera, Brain. That's disappointing. I won't ask how it got launched from a rocky ledge. Make sure the replacement has a strap.

I'm listening to a profile of some yoga instructor on the radio. He's shouting in a harsh bark like a drill sergeant. I like my yoga instructors to sound a little more peaceful.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

LOL, yeah, I don't think any camera is going to survive being dropped on a rock.

I still say my little CanonD10 is the best camera ever for a point and shoot. Although, even though it went to 20M underwater and was just fine, it did leak a little one time when I had it in fresh water on the countertop after a salt water trip. It dried out okay and is none the worse for wear, except a little squiggle on the view screen. Doesn't affect photos, and I'm glad it miraculously dried out. The little silicon seals around the tiny openings can't possibly be expected to last, though. From now on it's just used for "being wet" not scuba diving. There are plenty of people with great underwater gear if I absolutely need a picture of a dive.

The strap is on at all times, though. I'm not sure I believe the "shock resistant" claim.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Ah, yes. I have to get my cameras in working order. I have a couple of film cameras and a couple of digital cameras. My drive to get out and photograph comes and goes. Right now it's in a go phase. I get frustrated about that part of myself. Hard to dedicate myself to a hobby or pastime.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ye Olde Phone Camera in Moab last week.

Nuffin' breaks up Stress like just up and laying on the Floor, eh? Takes on a whole new meaning when Sober.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done BixBees, you kicked some ass

LBrain if you paid with a credit card it should be insured or you could try claiming under household as you will have the receipt worth a shot maybe

Tetra glad you shook off your AV too - do you know when you will be starting your job?

I strongly suspect I will be at work for a while yet plus I need to go to the supermarket on the way home. Doh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151103_172314.jpg (26.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-03-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Gives a new meaning to the word relaxed Mesa

A friend of mine who is an Estate Agent (Realtor) is off to the Mesasphere - a place called Telluride. They have some very expensive property there which although often sold to Russians, Chinese Arabs etc is often via London where they alo have properties (it's a different world I guess) Not sure how far that is in relation to you Mesa as I know distances are great where you live
Old 11-03-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
...holds the key

There's a lot of money in Telluride.

I'm hungry for real food today for some reason. I'm usually fine with granola, cheese and triscuits, tomatoes, etc....but not today. Hmm...

Grocery shopping stresses me out Sao. Especially if I have to go after work blah! Hope you get a good cart!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day One of Imma not buying any sugary or crispy/salty snacks. Every year I start in at this time with eating too much. Pay attention, bim - then you won't have to lose those same ten pounds AGAIN next April.

Day eleven of no coffee or tea or caffeiney sodas.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Welp, Sao ~

Your wish is my Command! As I see it, neither of us is ever gonna hear that Line from a Woman, so I might as well say it to you now before it's too late!

I just took this Pic 'on Command' out our Kitchen French Door, since the bazillion Pix I have already are not filed logically. Telluride is way off in the distance in this Pic in the San Juan Mountains; Peaks we call 'Little Switzerland'. They're Geologically 'new', and quite pointed. Telluride's about 65 Miles from us as the proverbial Crow flies. Brynn's fav Town of Ouray is kinda on the way to Telluride.

Yah, Telluride is for the insanely Rich. We headed down there for Lunch a few Months ago. A ~2 hour drive. Ralph Lauren has a lil ~13,000 Acre Ranch down there with the most hilariously-perfect Ranch Pole Fence I've ever seen. It runs along the Road for ~6 Miles or so.

A new QuentinTarantino Film about to be released was filmed around Telluride. The main Set was built on some massive Ranch down there. As the local Story goes, a buncha my fellow Californians showed up for filming. Collectively, some local Tire Shop put ~$100,000 worth of Snow Tires on their many slippin' & slidin' Vehicles. The Shop Owner has yet to be paid. Thought that Story might resonate with ya!

- 'The Hateful Eight' ~ Quentin Tarantino ~ Imdb.com -

This Drone Footage of an annual Festival in Telluride is about the best Scenic Overview I know of. No Beer Imagery...

- Telluride Blues Festival Trailer -

A new Station down there is our new fav to Stream on line. They have paid Sponsors, and run very few Commercials.

- KRKQ ~ Mountain Chill Radio -

Old 11-03-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

How does a shop owner not get paid? Haven't they heard of credit cards out there in rich-people land?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good evening gang
Old 11-03-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Your Background is showing, Bim. Hee hee...

I assume it was 'we're with the Tarantino Filming Group'. 'We're on Account'. Blah, blah, blah...

The Town was reportedly quite infatuated with the whole Film Project. Also, when you deal with the Uber Rich, things are done a lil 'differently'.

Our Solar Retirement House Contractor drives to there daily just to shovel Snow off Rich Folks Houses in time for their T-Day and Xmas Soirees. He gets paid so much Money, it's better pay than building Spec Houses. One of the few Towns you'll find massive Driveways and Sidewalks with buried Electrical Cables to melt off Snow. >4 Digit Monthly Electric Bills you simply can't comprehend. He was tapping my Brain for Solar Hot Water ideas for Roof Melt Systems. Ice 'Dams' form at Gutters when Electrical Cables are used. The Icicle weight rips downs Gutters, etc..

Spend your Pocket Change on a House there. Check out that lil Shack for >$3.3 Mil.

- Telluride CO ~ Zillow.com -

We gots some 'Weather' moving in. Wicked Storm Front + Wind due this Afternoon. It's already changed a lot since the Pic above. So, off now to the Dog Park while the gettin's good.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yeh, I admit I don't like much about entitled rich people.

I guess I won't have to worry about that in this lifetime. Thanks for reminding me, MM.

Regardless, now I like Tarantino even less than I did.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Yeh, I admit I don't like much about entitled rich people.

I guess I won't have to worry about that in this lifetime. Thanks for reminding me, MM.

Regardless, now I like Tarantino even less than I did.
It seems there is a shelf life of maybe a decade for most directors then they lose it - Kill Bill was iffy Django Unchained was dubious IMAO.

Shame, I used to like him. Maybe success is just to hard to repeat after people get used to that directors "schtick" (have I spelled that correctly?)
Old 11-03-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Dunno what happened to the first half of my post which was that it figures that there must be valuable properties in Telluride as they wouldn't sent someone 6000 miles to sell regular houses. The Realtor herself is doing pretty well (plus her husband owns a Education Sector based publishers so they must be doing OK between them) They still good people though, not mega rich types
Old 11-03-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
It seems there is a shelf life of maybe a decade for most directors then they lose it - Kill Bill was iffy Django Unchained was dubious IMAO.

Shame, I used to like him. Maybe success is just to hard to repeat after people get used to that directors "schtick" (have I spelled that correctly?)
Well, there are only so many good ideas that haven't been tried, eh?

Tell that to Spielberg.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

On a short break from work....

YES it feels good to have made it through that rough day!!
And YES everyone who said today would be better was right, as ree-DIC-ulous as that sounded to me at the time.

I just can't thank enough the people who jumped in and gave me encouragement and a reality check -- the early responders, the folks who came on later when the clock rolled around for them-- the return to normal banter, other people, other topics.
I have read every word, several times, it all counts--all helped. Yay!!! I am so relieved do that I didn't do anything stupid.

So, this evening after work I am going to take another walk. I am a believer, and I am actually scared not to do something physical. My house is a disaster, so I'm going to do some very normal laundry, mopping, vacuuming, and kitchen duty. My stomach is just rolling with anxiety, but I recognize that, I can deal with that, and I think the walk will help expend some of that. Someday I would like to talk about a hobby or something. For now, you just get housework from me, and I am GLAD to offer that!!